“Beautiful peace comfort and serenity.”

Fermain Valley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights here and very impressed. Yes it is not cheap but the rooms with a well provisioned hospitality tray complimentary sherry, water ,robes fruit,fudge,nice toiletries and local paper help you to feel cared for. Obviously managed by someone who cares. The gardens are a beautiful haven and constantly being tended. I swam each morning on my own for 40 minutes, I liked the fact that one side of the pool room has glass doors which opened on to the deck.Abundant big towels and toiletries in the shower area. I hate skimpy towels and those in the rooms are large white and fluffy too. The changing room is immaculately clean, I interrupted the housekeeper's work each morning.We lounged on the deck to idle away time on our last morning before a lovely lunch but expected no less as we had enjoyed great dinners and breakfasts in both restaurants previously. Prices are reasonable for the quality and they well deserve their 2 rosette. The staggeringly exception were friendly and for anyone on their own seemed to be looking out for them.

Room Tip: We had a gold room at. THE Venue overlooking the gardens but think those with baloney on first floor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mumajb
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear mumajb,

I would like to thank you for posting this wonderful review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you had enjoyed your stay with and was most pleased to be able to share this with all the team.
Attention to detail is very important to us and it is always a pleasure to hear that guests have enjoyed the extra little touches which we provide in all of our guest rooms. It was also very nice to hear that you had been able to enjoy our swimming pool area during your stay backing onto our sun terrace and sea views. Our housekeepers were most pleased when I shared your kind words with them about the level of cleanliness which you found in the pool area. I was delighted to share with the team your wonderful comments about your dining experiences with us and that you had particularly enjoyed breakfast in The Ocean Restaurant.
Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback and should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly gavin@fermainvalley.com or our reservation team for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hotel lovely, grounds superb, rooms in main hotel with balcony look great. Unfortunately we had a room in the annex by main road opposite pub. If you are stuck with such a room find another hotel!! We had our honeymoon in Guernsey and went back for 30th anniversary. For the cost we expected a lot more.

Room Tip: Gold or platinum with a balcony and sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul H

Dear Paul H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback following your recent stay with us at Fermain Valley Hotel. Thank you also for your kind words and I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our delightful gardens.
I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience staying in your room at The Venue. We offer a wide range of different rooms. Each grade has different specifications and the location of our rooms differs depend on the type of room you book. I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations whilst staying with us. Should you wish to return please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally ensure that we accommodate you in a room which suits you and your stay.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Recently had a lovely stay at the Fermain Valley Hotel. The room, staff and atmosphere were excellent. The manager was hands on and always ready to help. Food was lovely. All in all, an excellent weekend. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Guernsey for the weekend.

Room Tip: We booked 8-10 rooms and everybody was very pleased with their room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Christine B,

I would like to thank you for leaving such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us at Fermain Valley Hotel. It is very rewarding for our team to know that they succeeded in making your stay a memorable one. It is also wonderful to hear that you would recommend us to your friends.
Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us valuable feedback, it helps us to continuously improve our customer service. Our dedicated team would welcome you to return again to the Fermain Valley and should you wish to do so, please contact me directly via email at gavin@fermainvalley.com or via our reservation team for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for a weekend on a staycation. We were dismayed to find that both the restaurants were closed and part of the hotel was under refurbishment. This we found out when we checked in. It meant that we had to trek up the hill for dinner at The Venue, which was fine but it's not what we actually came for. The room was lovely though. Nicely appointed, large and with a little balcony and sea view. We had breakfast delivered on both mornings - also fine but not spectacular. It was nice to be so close to Fermain bay and on both days we took a walk down to the café. I would recommend the hotel, especially for it's location and view but I was disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SA-Girl-Gsy

Dear SA-Girl-Gsy,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave you review following your stay with us in March. I am sorry that there was some disruption during your stay due to the refurbishment which we completed earlier in the year. We did try to reduce the disturbance as much as possible during this time and offer a comfortable and well situated alternative for our guests.
We now have two exciting new restaurants within the hotel. The Ocean which offers delicious local seafood dishes and The Rock Garden Steakhouse offering a fantastic selection of steak cuts from around the world. We would love to be able to welcome you back so that you can experience our new dining facilities.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed both the décor of our beautiful Gold rooms and the stunning views from the balcony across the valley and towards the sea.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a lovely stay at the Fermain Valley hotel in the Venue family room overlooking the beautiful garden. It is a modern newly decorated room and bathroom with beautiful views over the valley to the sea. It was a quiet room. The service was amazing. All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast was lovely in their beautiful dining room. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The walk through the flower garden is great. Five minutes drive from St Peter Port. Brilliant location.

I would never fly with Flybe to Guernsey again as they cancelled our 8pm flight (apparently Flybe very regularly cancel flights to/from Guernsey at the last minute as they're the only Guernsey airline that can't land in fog) and the hotel very kindly found us another room for the night at the last minute. Blue Islands/Aurigny are much better airlines for Guernsey.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Anne-Marie L,

How wonderful to read your glowing review following your stay at The Fermain Valley Hotel. It is very rewarding for all of our team to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us. I was most pleased to hear how much you had enjoyed your dining experience in the Ocean restaurant at breakfast where we offer a variety of healthy choices to start the day.
I am sorry that you had some problems with your flights during your stay. Should you wish to return for another stay with us, our reservations department would be more than happy to assist you by booking your flights as well as your accommodation with us and we will also arrange for our complimentary transport to collect you from the airport when you arrive in Guernsey.
Once again thank you for leaving such a kind review, and should you wish to return, please do not hesitate to contact me directly gavin@fermainvalley.com or our reservation team for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Set in a beautiful gardens on the top of a valley leading, quite a significant way, eventually to a pretty but pebble beach. The hike back up is a good work out before dinner !!! Staff were very helpful though I couldn't quite work out what one had to do to get the Fermain Valley car to take you either to or from the airport. Bit odd to be told that the car didn't operate before 0800.. thereby missing the first two main LGW commuter jets out of Guernsey. Originally given an annex. Paid the supplement and took a gold room that had a great view in the main building. Rock gardens restaurant was recommended by others but I was told that Monday, like most restaurants in Guernsey it was closed. Odd.. it was a Bank Holiday and one would have thought that it might have been considered peak. However, the other main restaurant was excellent despite the fact that the decor was a tad leather and RR Diner.. Sea Food and the Service was excellent. Rooms were cosy. Easy to navigate though could not switch TV off properly. Probably more silly me !! Indoor pool was noted but not used. Great for a quick stop over.. possibly more of a winter hideaway option !!

Room Tip: Choose only Gold or platinum. If you go standard.. then you will be in the annex.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank edwardgounie
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Edwardgounie,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Fermain Valley Hotel for your recent stay in Guernsey. I was pleased to be able to share with the team your comments and that we had been able to ensure you had an enjoyable experience staying with us.
I am sorry that the hotel transport was unavailable for your early morning flight. We offer our complimentary transport from 8am until midnight six days a week and for the early flights our reception team would be than happy to arrange taxis for guests wishing to depart before 8am. This can also be arranged with our reservations department when booking your stay with us in advance.
I am sorry that the Rock Garden was closed on the evening you stayed with us but was delighted to hear how much you had enjoyed your dining experience in The Ocean restaurant which prides itself on offering the freshest, seasonal produce, prepared by our talented team of chefs.
We would love to be able to welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay. Maybe next time to try the swimming pool and fantastic sun terrace with sea views. I hope that we will be able to welcome you to the Rock Garden in the future too so that you will be able to sample some of our fantastic steaks on offer.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I discovered the joy of a stay at the Fermain in February of this year, so when I was planning a 'me time' treat, had no hesitation in booking a return visit. There have been some changes to the Restaurants, and therefore I felt compelled to try them both........and enjoyed both very much indeed.
Staff were great, room was super - no balcony, but terrific views. When the sun was shining, there were a number of sunspots on the terrace, so great to sit out with a book and a drink. Also made use of the small pool - maybe the water was a little too warm for me, but thats just a personal opinion.
Took advantage of the Courtesy Bus into town on Liberation Day (May 9th), and although i made the return journey on foot (I will admit to catching the bus from Town to the top of the hill....), it was good to know that all I needed to do was to ring the hotel and arrange for a pick up time.
Looking forward to my next visit already.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Honeybee240,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review following your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to be able to share your wonderful comments with the team and that you were able to enjoy both our fantastic new restaurants within the hotel.
It is always a pleasure to welcome guests back to the Fermain Valley Hotel and I was delighted to hear that you had decided to return following your stay earlier in the year and was very pleased that you had enjoyed the fantastic views from your room, make use of the wonderful terrace with stunning views down the bay towards the sea and enjoy our indoor heated swimming pool facilities.
Our complimentary transport is available to all of our guests for trips into St Peter Port and also for airport transfers and I was most pleased that you had been able to make good use of this during your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Peter Port
St. Pierre Park Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort
La Barbarie Hotel
La Barbarie Hotel
#1 of 9 in St Martins

Been to Fermain Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!