“Fantastic hotel, friendly staff, beautiful location.”

Fermain Valley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 26 August 2014

First time trip to Guernsey and was really glad to have chosen such a great hotel. Really helpful, friendly staff and a brilliant location to relax and enjoy the views. Will definitely return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Bucra,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to share your comments with the team who were all most pleased to hear how they had helped to contribute towards you having such an enjoyable stay with us. Providing our guests with a high standard of service is vitally important to all of us so thank you for the kind feedback.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to stay in one of our gold rooms. Should you wish to return, please contact me directly at gavin@fermainvalley.com or our reservation team for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.

Our reservationists team at The Fermain Valley are travel experts and being an ATOL registered company this allows us to book travel packages with compete peace of mind for our guests, which combined with our low price partner travel rates enables us to offer exceptional value for complete holiday breaks.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoy our holidays at this hotel. The family rooms are very large and a room with a sea view is picture postcard perfect. The gardens between the Venue and the hotel are beautifully maintained. A visit to the cinema on a rainy day is fun and there is a large selection of movies. The viewing is complete with popcorn and drinks. Breakfast is served in the main restaurant overlooking the gardens and sea and I wish we had been brave enough to eat it outdoors. The eggs florentine are cooked perfectly. In addition to hot meals there is also a lovely cold buffet. It is possible to eat healthily! The rooms are cleaned morning & evening so we were completely spoilt during our stay

Stayed: August 2014

Dear WelshPerth,

How wonderful to read your glowing review following your stay at The Fermain Valley Hotel. I was delighted to hear that you had been able to enjoy on of beautifully appointed rooms and the walk through our award winning gardens between the main hotel and The Venue. I was also most pleased that you had been able to enjoy our in house cinema. We feel this is a wonderful complimentary facility available to all of our residents and hope helps it enhances our guests stay, especially with the warm homemade popcorn.
It is very to hear how much you had enjoyed your dining experience at breakfast where we offer a large selection of both continental and a beautiful full Guernsey breakfast to start the day using fresh local produce wherever possible.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have recently returned from a 'Romantic Break 'package at the Fermain Valley Hotel, our second visit in 12 months.
We stayed in a Platinum Room overlooking the Bay and felt that the views and comfort of the room were excellent.
Food was tasty, fresh and well presented.
Service by all the staff was good, in particular we felt our driver Lucas was a good ambassador for the hotel.
Hope to return to this hotel again in the future as we have really enjoyed our little visits to Guernsey!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JACKIE B

Dear JACKIE B,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us at The Fermain Valley Hotel. It was a pleasure to hear how much you had both enjoyed your Romantic package with us. I was also pleased that you had enjoyed some of the dishes we offer in our restaurants. The Ocean which offers some of the islands best fresh seafood dishes and The Rock Garden which offers a relaxed atmosphere with a selection of steaks from around the world.
I was delighted to share your comments with all the team who were all pleased that we had been able to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. Providing a high standard of service is vitally important t all of us and it was most rewarding to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this fantastic hotel for a week. Facilities were excellent, staff were friendly and helpful. Choice of food and restaurants extremely good. There is a choice of a fish or steak restaurant. You must ask for a balcony room in the main hotel as the bedrooms are beautiful and the views stunning. Fantastic coastal walks from the hotel. The coastal walks from the hotel to st peter's port is amazing. Leave the car behind as you can walk eveywhere or use the excellent hotel free shuttle car, with really helpful drivers or the local bus is only a pound. A trip down the hill to fermain bay for the beach or a drink at the beach cafe is highly recommended. It was the first holiday that my husband and I had had in years without the children and the hotel gave us all those extra luxuries that we were looking for. We will definitely be back again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sara S

Dear Sara S,

Thank you very much for leaving such a kind review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you had enjoyed your dining experiences at the hotel in both The Ocean restaurant which offers a fantastic surf and turf dish, along with lots of fresh seafood prepared using fresh local Guernsey produce and also The Rock Garden offering a fantastic selection of steak cuts from all around the world and some wonderful cocktails.
I was also very pleased to hear that you had been able to enjoy on of our Gold rooms, most of which offer a private balcony and stunning sea views. We are very lucky to be surrounded some of the most beautiful landscape on the Island leading right onto the cliff paths and I’m glad you enjoyed the experience whilst staying with us.
I was thrilled that you will be coming back for another stay and I would be delighted to be able to welcome you back in the future. When you are ready to book please do not hesitate to contact me directly gavin@fermainvalley.com or our reservation team for the most competitive rates at book@fermainvalley.com.
Our Reservationists team at The Fermain Valley are travel experts and being an ATOL registered company this allows us to book travel packages with compete peace of mind for our guests, which combined with our low price partner travel rates enables us to offer exceptional value for complete holiday breaks. Finally our whole team at the Fermain thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had a 4 night break with my husband and my mum. My mum had a Platinum room ( room 15 ) which was amazing. Rather think it could have been the honeymoon suite. It was vast. Had a lovely view. Massive bed, loads of wardrobe space, the bathroom had a shower over the bath and a separate shower, 2 sinks and a separate toilet. She actually spent a full day in the room to make the most of it. Me and my husband had a silver room ( room 39 ). This was quite adequate, not a good view but we weren't bothered by it. The only drawback was when the Rock Garden Bar / Restaurant was open, the smell from the kitchen wafted up. Nice touches with the decanter of sherry (not my tipple but never mind), the complimentary toiletries were Elemis, the towels were plentiful and dried you really well. We stayed on a Half Board basis. Breakfasts were excellent. Choice of fruit juices, cereals, fruit, croissant etc, full english (we had that every day), kippers and so on. The evening meals were in the Ocean Restaurant and as the name suggests consisted of mainly seafood. There were alternative choices but not many. The Rock Garden served a vast selection of steaks. The bar in here is extremely well stocked. Cocktails are a must. We didn't eat there as it was too busy for my mum to cope with but the food looked amazing. We didn't use the pool, sauna, library, shuttle bus or the cinema so can't comment them.The tiered terrace was lovely to sit out on with a long cold beer in an afternoon. Every single member of staff was extremely polite and helpful and very friendly. My mum was in a wheelchair and they always came to help us. Nothing was too much trouble. Mr Robert Steen, the manager, was in every day and always came to have a word with us, making us feel a valued guest. I would definitely return to this hotel and have hesitation in recommending it. x

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear cruisebuddy2002,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review following your recent stay with us at Fermain Valley Hotel.
I was delighted that your mother had been able to enjoy one of our Platinum rooms and enjoyed some of the little extras which we provide in all of our guests rooms such as sherry, delicious homemade fudges and fresh fruit upon arrival The comfort and facilities in all of our rooms is very important to us and it is always most pleasing to hear when guests have enjoyed their experience with us. I was thrilled that you had enjoyed your dining experiences in the Ocean Restaurant both at dinner where we offer a selection of fabulous fresh seafood dishes caught fresh from Guernsey waters and also at breakfast where offer either a wonderful continental buffet or a cooked Guernsey breakfast.
It was also very pleasing to hear that you had been able to sample some of the fantastic cocktails on offer in the Rock Garden. We offer some fantastic steak cuts imported from all around the world and maybe you could return for a stay in the future to sample some wonderful steak dishes with us.
It was most rewarding to be able to share your kind comments with the team who were all thrilled that we had been able to help you and your family enjoy your stay with us. Providing a high standard of service is very important to us all so thank you once again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my mother. Things did get off to a rocky start (no car to meet us at the airport as promised & no table booked in the restaurant as requested) but the staff could not have done more to make it up to us. The hotel was just wonderful with a great location, wonderful views and friendly staff. Our room was clean and bright and the little touches were lovely. Free car service into town was much appreciated as was the free wifi. A special mention for Romain who went out of his way to ensure our stay was memorable and to the lovely car driver who was so kind and helpful to my Mum. I hope we can return soon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Timothy C, Guest Relations Manager at Fermain Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear fastcarfan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave some kind words following your recent stay with us at The Fermain Valley Hotel and I was most pleased to be able to share your kind comments with the team. We were pleased that once you arrived and settled into your room we had been able to ensure your experience with us was an enjoyable one. I was also thrilled to read that you will be returning for another stay with.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Had a lovely 3 night stay here and would definitely book again. Lovely gold room with valley view, very clean and so quiet and relaxing. Breakfast great, had a meal in the Ocean Restaurant which was very nice, not too expensive (paid more in restaurants in St Petersport!) but could have done with a little more veg, presented beautifully. Staff very obliging. Lovely small pebble beach at Fermain bay a short walk down the hill. Five minutes by car into St Petersport, a lovely town right next to the marina.

Room Tip: Go for Valley view rooms.