“Tired but great potential”
Review of Grange Lodge Hotel

Grange Lodge Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Grange Lodge was disappointing. The rooms were in need of refurbishment and the bathroom badly needed updating. It took several minutes to get hot water (what a waste), and the bath and
shower curtain were brown. The door to the bathroom was a sliding one that came away from the wall. Very generous with shampoos etc and tea and coffee but never any milk! Food in the bar was ok. The staff were however helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank matandpat2016

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The best thing about this hotel was the breakfast, served in the room overlooking the fine gardens. The accommodation I was allocated was fairly standard but comfortable and quiet.being at the rear of the property.
On the downside, the wi-fi connection was intermittent, even in the public areas, and the otherwise entrance to the hotel itself was a smoking area, the smell of which filters into the reception area.

Room Tip: Take a rear-facing room on one of the upper floors for peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Am currently lying on my bed in the hotel and have had an amazing stay so far. The beds are extremely comfortable, bathroom and kitchen very up to date and well layed out; spacious living room and bedrooms. The pool is heated and so we can go swimming even on a grey day like this and it is still fine. Staff are absolutely lovely; our wifi wasn't working when we arrived, and they had someone fix it within the hour. They gave us an extra key so that my mother and I could go about seperately, and they provided a hairdryer for us because there wasn't one in the room.

The gardens are lovely, and very well kept. After reading previous reviews I felt I needed to write this one, because I feel the place has been unfairly portrayed. We stay in the self-catering room, (room 9), and there is absolutely nothing I could say against the place!

Except perhaps the strange family next door to us tend to sing in the morning. Bizarre.

I will be returning next year, I could not rate the place high enough!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Although the feel of the hotel is dated with old fashioned plumbing, shower curtains, crafty sash windows etc, this is redeemed by the friendly (European) staff. We had a spacious room at the front (room 3) with distant views over the rooftops as far as Herm Island. Although we did not eat in the hotel the bar was busy with locals and both hotel and restaurant appear reasonably priced by Guernsey standards.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy on Saturday nights. Room 3 was large with a leather sofa.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Ate here several times food was of a very high quality.

We will be back

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Was working in Guernsey for a week and had been put up in this hotel. I was given the smallest single room in the hotel ( I think room 15), which was very old fashioned with stained carpet and just very dated. The tea/coffee/biscuits were never replenished however there were lots of shampoo sachets/soaps in the bathroom, and fresh towels were given every day.
After the first night in the hotel, I went to reception asking if there was any way I could change rooms, however the girl told me to come back tomorrow when the boss was around. Consequently I had to put up with this room all week, as I never found the manager.
Breakfasts were very basic and not at all tasty, and one morning we overheard the waitresses moaning about other guests in the hotel!!!!! Not very professional!!
All in all, a very disappointing stay here. The only redeeming features were the swimming pool, free wifi and the bar and bar staff, as they stayed open very late for us.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank music1985
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed in apartment here for a week end of September 2011, good position 10 mins from harbour for shops & restaurants but we only ate in town twice as food in hotel was first class as was the service. Our apartment had a welcome pack waiting for us & was spotlessly clean but maybe could be doing with an update. The gardens were beautiful & well kept. All in all we had a great time here & would in all probability go back !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple