“A must if you are visiting Guernsey”
Review of La Fregate

La Fregate
Ranked #37 of 130 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Guernsey
“A must if you are visiting Guernsey”
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Firstly the restaurant has incredible views coupled with a minimalist decor. Perfect.

I live in Guernsey and La Fregate was a favourite of my parents when they came to visit me.

After my mother died my father had a stroke and could no longer speak or write but had all his other faculties. he visited me regularly and I would arrive home from work to find he had booked La Fregate at least two or three times a week.

It was here that la Fregate came into its own. My father had a small appetite after his stroke and was put off by large portions. i explained this to the then Maitre'd ( who has now returned to france ) and whenever we went they automatically downsized his portions.

When we arrived there would be a Brandy and dry ( Horses Neck for ex Mariners ) waiting for him. They would always ask him for his choices on themenu, not me, and theywould always give him the wine list and also give him the bill even if I was paying. They made him feel speial which lots of other establishments didnt. Thank you La fregate it meant a lot.

My loyalty has continued

I had my 50th birthday party there last year and they did me proud.

I always look forward to my meals and the excellent service.

3 Thank GGGSarnia

UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Some of the best food in Guernsey, we have been going there for years and never have had a bad meal.

Lymington, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Stayed three nights and had the first dinner at Le Fregate. Interesting menu and expensive, but the view, food and staff were worth it.

Manchester,England
“Class Hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Just had a four day trip to Guernsey and stayed at the La Fregate Hotel and what a treat that was. Great rooms,great location although the hill to the hotel is a bit steep.
Staff were vey friendly and helpful breakfast was realy good with great views from the restaurant and the room
Overall excellent.

London, United Kingdom
“Stunning Seafood and Setting”
Reviewed 11 April 2009

Staying in the hotel for a "feet-up" weekend, having dinner in the hotel's restaurant was the obvious choice. It was not a bad mistake! We went for the Gourmand menu (3 courses for £30) and were treated to a culinary delight with our tastebuds being rewarded with some of the best seafood we've ever had. The Lemon Sole and Seared Scallops on crab linguine put the biggest smile on my partners face (why am I never that successful in making her smile like that?! anyway...) and my Seared Scallop risotto was delightful. The champagne jelly dessert with cremefraiche, meringue and strawberries was like a hybrid trifle and pavlova, bringing the best of both worlds to the table.

The restaurant was well worth the price, although wine might be considered a little pricey. However, the quality of food and the view over St Peter Port and the harbour more than made up for that!