“Good food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #10 of 123 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, European, British, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Guernsey
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Returned to The Boathouse after a long absence because of how awful it used to be>

A number of us had taken part in the Rock to Rocque around Guernsey bike ride and a friend had booked The Boathouse for after we finished. My wife and her Aunt came to join us for lunch.

I was slightly concerned because of previous poor meals in previous years. I need not have worried.

Swift service and excellent basic, well cooked food together with a great atmosphere resulted in a thoroughly enjoyable Sunday lunchtime which I am sure we will repeat.

Although the restaurant was extremely busy the service was fantastic and could not be faulted.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Ivonna S, General Manager at The Boathouse, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for the review, we are very grateful for giving us the opportunity to be able to prove ourselves to you and your friends and family. My assistant manager and I always thrive to give all our customers a great experience and we try to perfect the basics. The team at The Boathouse are very glad that we made your Sunday lunch enjoyable and proud to be a part of that. As the Company is under new management a lot of the aspects of the business have changed for the better and still are changing to give everyone an experience they will remember for the better and constantly listening to customers opinions and what they would improve.

We hope for your return very soon.

Regards,

General Manager, Monika Konopka

• Polish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Smashing lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We got off of our cruise ship and walked along the harbour wall towards the castle cornet, this place looked simple but inviting. We asked if we could reserve a table for lunch time as we knew it would be swamped with cruise passengers. This was no problem and they booked us a table on the veranda. We turned up 5 minutes early and were greeted straight away by staff at the door even thought the restaurant was packed out. We ordered fish ploughmans platters, a home made burger and a very contempary fish and chips. All of which was satisfying and plentiful on the plate as well as presented beautifully. Washed down with a decent white wine and a large cold beer. Service was swift, friendly and when I asked for a little more brown bread, I was not charged extra at all (usually I get annoyed at being charged £2 for a slice of bread and butter!) when we asked for the bill it took only 5 minutes and the card terminal was brought to our table. The waiting staff were eastern European girls who had good English and good manners. Overall we cannot find anything that should have been done differently and wish that this restaurant was not so far away from we actually live! Well done to the staff and managers as we are not easily pleased!

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I only had a late lunch here and unfortunately it was pouring down with rain so had to sit indoors, otherwise there's an area outside overlooking the marina.
I had a galette (pancake) which was fresh and delicious. Prices are reasonable and I wish I could have come here for dinner or during times when the entire menu is available (between 230pm and 5pm only a very limited menu is served).
Staff were extremely friendly and for those on business there is wifi and also power points available so you can work on your laptop or recharge your phone if necessary.

wales
“Great dining spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Despite being a coastal port, there are not many al fresco dining options in St Peter Port so we were pleased to come across this restaurant on a beautiful sunny day. We had desserts and drinks only but we could see others having main meals and the food looked lovely. I can highly recommend the warm chocolate brownie, it was delicious!

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Delightful.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Our cruise ship arrived at sleepy Guernsey last Sunday- and we were delighted to have spent 3 hours in the sunshine at the glorious place..The mussels although just out of season were to die for as was the vino....having withdrawl symptoms...The service was pretty bad and reactive instead of proactive until I mentioned discreetly that we had been waiting for our wine a while..The French waiter whose iorst day it was made up for it however with his sense of humour and charm and hey the sun was shining so al good really.

Ivonna S, Manager at The Boathouse, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello Thank you for your positive review regarding you recent meal with us here at The Boathouse, I am please to see that you had a good time with us and enjoyed our mussels and wine. I have shared your comments with my team here so that we can make improvements to the quality of our service. Hope to see you again soon .

Regards, Monika