“Pleasant service”

Le Chene Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Torteval
“Pleasant service”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We had a very nice visit to Le Chene Hotel. The food was first class and the staff were very nice.

The hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and also offers accessibility to coastal walks and sight seeing locations.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Arrived at the Le Chene Hotel for dinner with a colleague recently. The food was very good and great value for money. My colleague was equally impressed with their meal. Unbeatable value for money.

The staff went out of their way to assist us and we were taken back by their efforts to make us a comfortable before, during and after the meal.

The hotel has a lot of character and we fully enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Le Chene Hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Steenwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My wife and I stayed 5 nights at Le Chene hotel and enjoyed a really nice stay. Rooms are nice decorated and very clean, the hotelmanager and team provide excellent service and the restaurant is serving excellent food. The hotel is nice located for walking, very central to all nice cliff walks in the area. We hope to be back next year!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was stranded in Guernsey unable to fly due to bad weather and was put up in this hotel by the airline I was due to fly with and I did not have a choice about this. I understand this hotel is very cheap and I soon understood why! I cannot believe that this hotel is still operational in the current market. The room I had was outdated, dusty, cold, it had a cracked sink, old toilet, old shower with little pressure, very poor decor, greasy smelling bedlinen, soiled carpet, old furniture...the list just goes on...I had a terrible nights sleep and you can hear everything in adjoining rooms. There seems to have been a mediocre attempt at refurbishing such as new chairs in the dining room but the whole place needs completely gutting and bringing up-to-date. The staff were kind and helpful and the food was okay but I would never, ever choose to stay here and would have left straight away without staying if it had not been so late at night. The owners could have a little goldmine here as it is close to the airport and they could make it into a lovely little boutique hotel but it needs some serious investment if it is to survive.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Inspector D
managerlechene, Manager at Le Chene Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,
We are sorry to hear about your negative guest experience.
Would you be so kind to provide us with your date of stay and room number.
This way we can follow this up. It is unusual for our property to be reviewed this way so i would like to follow up and investigate.
Niek van Zutphen
Bude, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My wife and I were stranded in Guernsey earlier this week. All flights cancelled. And quite late in the evening we had to find somewhere to stay. A quick phone call brought us to Le Chene. On arrival we were met by the owner, Dutchman, Niek. The only thing that he didn't have was shinning armour. Everything else was in place. He could NOT have done a better job. Our room was large and comfortable. He advised us to go to the bar for a drink, whilst the heating in our room kicked in.. He made the restaurant staff aware that, even though it was now quite late. We needed a meal. As the evening continued other travellers began to arrive from the airport. His service was the same for them as it was for us. When we returned to our room. We were greatly surprised to see that he had provided 2 very substancial continental breakfasts(Our flights were to be very very early the following morning.They were very well protected and did not dry out. I had mentioned that I am diabetic. And my meal had been tailored to reflect that. Will we go back. Yes please. Very well done Le Chene Hotel.

Room Tip: Ideal for the airport. On a main bus route into town and other parts of the Island
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed 2 nights early October 2012 and I was very pleased with the service and value. Although the room's decor was a little dated, it was sparkling clean and fresh. The hotel is close to the airport, but planes stop at 9pm, and frankly, with the window closed, I never even noticed. Good breakfast, I can't say much else for £45 a night! I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Rochester, Kent
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We spent our honeymoon on Guernsey, but that hotel was gone when we went back for our Ruby Wedding, and so we booked with the owner. We never regretted it for one moment. The owner and all the staff were so polite. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were always spotless and there were lovely soft towels, for the bathroom, and the pool area. Going back soon for our Golden Wedding.

Room Tip: We had a room in the wing. It was away from the restaurant and the road, as was peaceful and quiet...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torteval
Wayside Cheer Hotel
#5 of 9 in St Martins
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
#3 of 19 in St Peter Port

Been to Le Chene Hotel? Share your experiences!