“great family hotel, and excellent food”
Review of Le Chene Hotel

Le Chene Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Torteval
Reviewed 25 April 2013

fine hotel, love that it is family runned hotel, real interest for quests.
Great food I must say, and nice is that from hotel, after having great breakfast , a cliffwalk can be made. Good rest , and easy connection into town.

Room Tip: quernsey is soo relaxed, just enjoy foor and walking
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Aiming to enjoy Guernsey's natural beauty, we stayed at Le Chene Hotel - a great choice. The rooms are convenient, nicely decorated and clean. After a few beers at the Le Chene's bar, we enjoyed a lovely and ample dinner. The day after, we went out to play golf. The friendly owner (and so is his wife), even borrowed his own golf clubs without charging anything for it. Well, that is service at its best! We have booked for next year already. @ Le Chene: many thanks for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We had a very nice visit to Le Chene Hotel. The food was first class and the staff were very nice.

The hotel is conveniently located close to the airport and also offers accessibility to coastal walks and sight seeing locations.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Arrived at the Le Chene Hotel for dinner with a colleague recently. The food was very good and great value for money. My colleague was equally impressed with their meal. Unbeatable value for money.

The staff went out of their way to assist us and we were taken back by their efforts to make us a comfortable before, during and after the meal.

The hotel has a lot of character and we fully enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Le Chene Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My wife and I stayed 5 nights at Le Chene hotel and enjoyed a really nice stay. Rooms are nice decorated and very clean, the hotelmanager and team provide excellent service and the restaurant is serving excellent food. The hotel is nice located for walking, very central to all nice cliff walks in the area. We hope to be back next year!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was stranded in Guernsey unable to fly due to bad weather and was put up in this hotel by the airline I was due to fly with and I did not have a choice about this. I understand this hotel is very cheap and I soon understood why! I cannot believe that this hotel is still operational in the current market. The room I had was outdated, dusty, cold, it had a cracked sink, old toilet, old shower with little pressure, very poor decor, greasy smelling bedlinen, soiled carpet, old furniture...the list just goes on...I had a terrible nights sleep and you can hear everything in adjoining rooms. There seems to have been a mediocre attempt at refurbishing such as new chairs in the dining room but the whole place needs completely gutting and bringing up-to-date. The staff were kind and helpful and the food was okay but I would never, ever choose to stay here and would have left straight away without staying if it had not been so late at night. The owners could have a little goldmine here as it is close to the airport and they could make it into a lovely little boutique hotel but it needs some serious investment if it is to survive.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Inspector D
managerlechene, Manager at Le Chene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,
We are sorry to hear about your negative guest experience.
Would you be so kind to provide us with your date of stay and room number.
This way we can follow this up. It is unusual for our property to be reviewed this way so i would like to follow up and investigate.
Niek van Zutphen

Reviewed 12 April 2013

My wife and I were stranded in Guernsey earlier this week. All flights cancelled. And quite late in the evening we had to find somewhere to stay. A quick phone call brought us to Le Chene. On arrival we were met by the owner, Dutchman, Niek. The only thing that he didn't have was shinning armour. Everything else was in place. He could NOT have done a better job. Our room was large and comfortable. He advised us to go to the bar for a drink, whilst the heating in our room kicked in.. He made the restaurant staff aware that, even though it was now quite late. We needed a meal. As the evening continued other travellers began to arrive from the airport. His service was the same for them as it was for us. When we returned to our room. We were greatly surprised to see that he had provided 2 very substancial continental breakfasts(Our flights were to be very very early the following morning.They were very well protected and did not dry out. I had mentioned that I am diabetic. And my meal had been tailored to reflect that. Will we go back. Yes please. Very well done Le Chene Hotel.

Room Tip: Ideal for the airport. On a main bus route into town and other parts of the Island
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torteval
The Duke of Richmond Hotel
Fleur du Jardin Hotel
Wayside Cheer Hotel
Wayside Cheer Hotel
#5 of 6 in Castel

Been to Le Chene Hotel? Share your experiences!