“Idyllic place but awful food.”
Review of Fishermans Cot

Fishermans Cot
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bickleigh
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our first time at this restaurant,we were driving past and saw the lovely looking restaurant and beautiful riverside dinning area, however the experience wasnt as we hoped,the staff seemed young and inexperienced, we sat outside to enjoy the view however it was spoilt by 3 members of staff dusting and sweeping up around us for about 20 mins,the food was awful, tasted precooked and then heated up in a fryer. Not the high standard boasted on the menus at all. I couldnt eat my order of fish and chips it was so
awful, the chips were over fried till dark brown as was the fish but it was cold and watery inside, my husband left most of his Sausage and mash because it didnt taste fresh or that pleasant. I was quickly given a cash refund once I complained.

1  Thank MissWonderSeeker

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My partner and I were staying at Bickleigh Castle, and had food and drinks at the pub a couple of times. Great terrace by the river-side - we even saw a heron pretty close. The food was good and reasonably priced. The waiters could do with being a bit more friendly though.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on way through to Exeter Premier Inn. Beautiful spot by the river with lots of indoor and outdoor seating. Food was nice and came quickly although it was fairly quiet and the service was pleasant . Bar staff friendly and greeted with a smile . I would definitely recommend to friends & family if passing through.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The views are great from the restaurant. However I'm always left feeling disappointed with the food. It's never as nice as other places nearby so we always avoid if we can. Staff can be variable in niceness as well depending on who you get!

1  Thank fabulousredhead
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is a great place to eat - the food was excellent at a fair price too - a bit more attention to customer service and this would be excellent. For example, it would be good to order drinks from the table as it was far too busy at the bar. Otherwise smiles all round