“Only go for the view.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Pre booked table, arrived on time. On ordering meal were informed 45min wait!! Would we like to order starters or nibbles.. too 10 mins to get this to us.. and we were charged for them! Meals arrived an hour later.. I order thai curry, the sauce had obviously separated, should never have been allowed out of the kitchen. Happily changed it but spoilt my evening. Food was average or below but from prices expect better quality. Deserts were ok but at £5.25 they are expensive for what they are and in comparison to other marstons and,also other restaurants round the area. The outside tables can be smoked at so if you want to eat outside expect to smell smoke (great if you are a smoker). We were inside looking at the river near the door.. the smell of smoke drifted in quite noticeably. All in all a very disappointing expensive evening, such a shame as a lovely setting.

There are newer reviews for Fishermans Cot

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came here a couple of weeks ago on my birthday. This was the third time we have been and every time we aren't disappointed! Beautiful setting, lovely friendly staff and good pub food. Thank you we will be sure to pop in again when the sun is shining!

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I can't express how beautiful the outside area is on a sunny day. Running water with ducks, weeping willow trees, seats with umbrellas, seating in trees in a yen style garden. Unfortunately the food was not as impressive. The Thai fish curry was bland and had no spicy kick. It looked beautiful but it was superficial. Chef put slices of lime and greenery. I'd prefer if they would just add flavour next time. My mums salmon was ok, but very small. Rice in both dishes tasted like supermarket microwave food. Wish I could have just brought my own picnic and enjoyed the views :(

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Having visited previously and enjoyed the meal we visited again on a beautiful evening. It is without doubt a beautiful location but it's so let down by the way it's managed. There is no indication whether it's table service or bar so we sat like lemons for a good 10mins and none of the staff approached to tell us we needed to order at the bar and we'd had table service on the last visit. One of us chose lamb off the specials, there was no lamb so we changed it to salmon. The salmon came with an apology from the poor waitress saying they had no salad apart from lettuce and tomato and considering both meals ordered were only served with salad, it was pitiful. The poor girl obviously felt uncomfortable delivering the food and as my mum runs a pub she did suggest that a visit to tesco may be in order! We were offered complimentary side orders or sweets but declined and were pleased in the end that we weren't charged for either meal. However, There really is no excuse at all for this and we won't be going back. Very disappointed :(

2  Thank dippydired
Reviewed 12 June 2014

it was ok for a chain of pubs, the setting was lovely and the weather was good when we were there, the food was very nice and the service was good too.