“Absolutely Awful.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pleae do NOT support this terrible establishment.
Food - terrible
Service - insulting and rude
Care - none at all
Value for money - a total rip-off

I cannot find the words to express my absolute horror at this waste of a beautiful location.

4  Thank Carmen D

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am forced to leave this truthful review of our 4 experiences at this dreadful restaurant.

1st trip = my wife was given a dirty look by a waitress as she tried to enter the restaurant, the waitress pushed past my wife and gave my wife a stinking look.

2nd trip = ordered the "Cot Burger" came with a 10 inch hair running through the cheese. waitress stared at us making us feel uncomfortable.

3rd trip = a different waitress served us this time and although I left the waitress a £10 tip I was ignored afterwards when leaving the restaurant by her even though I made a point of saying goodbye.

4th trip = ordered the burger again (much to my wifes horror) the burger came overcooked and with a complimentary insect wing under the chips, when we told the waiter he pulled a horrified face and did not even come back to us about it, my wifes steak was so tough she offered to eat my leather belt instead.

The food here is terrible and the staff are absolutely dreadful, do not even consider trying this supposed restaurant!!!! ever!!!

3  Thank James C
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We used to think of this place as somewhere that was a treat for a special occasion but sadly that is very definitely not the case anymore and having read some of the other reviews we are clearly not alone in this thought!

The time before last (2012) had been my husband's birthday and we had arranged to meet friends there for a meal but felt very embarrassed by the menu which had been replaced by some very insipid pub grub. On the way back my husband began to feel unwell and by the time we got home he was very feverish. When I phoned the landlord to ask whether there had been any other reports of sickness I was met with a very curt response, telling me in no uncertain terms that it was 'nothing to do with them' and why hadn't I contacted the doctor. Luckily my husband perked up quickly but with no thanks to this very unsympathetic man, so I left it there.

Now a year later we decide to go to what we still considered a favourite place (although now only thought so because of the location) hoping that things may have improved - how wrong we were - the staff had a completely non caring attitude (apart from the girl on reception), the whole place looked in sorry need of repair and the food was inedible and overpriced. Ok, we should have learnt our lesson but had hoped things may have returned to their former high standard, or at least they would have acquired a decent chef. Needless to say we will not be eating there again and would suggest that others take heed.

3  Thank Sue K
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We live locally and had a poor experience many years ago, but the setting is so inviting with this glorious weather, so we thought we would give it another go. The setting is all that you would expect, but, it lacked seating outside, and had we been 10 minutes later, we would have been in the same situation as others, walking around aimlessly trying to find a table. There was a long queue at the bar for drinks, and we ordered our food. £10.95 for scampi and chips. It was very disappointing for the quality and quantity, albeit edible and ok, but for that price you could have had a really enjoyable meal with better service elsewhere. However, great location for a cheeky drink or two.

2  Thank Erica121holland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stopped here as part of organised motorcycle ride ... Wow! Fantastic view of the EXE from the outside terrace. Good range of ales and although we only had burgers the food looked fantastic and reasonably priced.

A trip for Sunday lunch afternoon is required!