The Brookfield
The George inn(Braunton)(Great Value!)
US$174
  • Restaurant
Holmsleigh Bed & Breakfast Braunton(Braunton)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$227
  • Pool
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort(Croyde)(Great Value!)
US$207
  • Pool
Combas Farm(Croyde)(Great Value!)
Woodstock(Croyde)
TripAdvisor
Incledon Farm(Braunton)
Pitchup.com
All reviewsfull englishwalking the south west coast pathbath and separate showerlarge comfortable bedfresh milkexcellent breakfastwarm welcomeexcellent showerfront of the housepubs and restaurantsbeautiful housecooked breakfastoff road parkingstayed for nightsfish and chipsgreat place to staygreat hosts
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with daughter, was lucky as they don't normally allow children she is 13. Stayed in same room as me
B&B was a breath of fresh air, not trying to be something that it wasn't, just a well maintained modern B & B with a few twists
Location was great, centre of Braunton near the coast road but also close enough to walk to belay or and the Burrows
Great find

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were very impressed with everything about The Brookfield. The guest accommodation is very spacious with good quality fixtures and fittings. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had my best night's sleep in ages! The breakfasts are very enjoyable and obviously use good quality produce, I didn't see much of Chris, but Julie was a very professional and efficient host. In view of what you get at The Brookfield, the tariff represents very good value for money. It's also blessed with being in a wonderful location, ideally situated for all of North Devon's attractions. Hope to pay another visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We turned up very wet after an afternoon's rain on the coastal path. I would have been tempted to turn us away (!) but Julie and Chris made us very welcome - whisking our wet coats, trousers and boots off to the drying room. Nice big modern bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Excellent breakfast. We couldn't fault anything and would happily return. We can't think of a better B&B that we have stayed in anywhere in England. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at The Brookfield for 2 nights when walking the coastal path and golfing at Saunton. We would agree with all the positive reviews on this site - Julie and Chris run an excellent, high quality guest house in a very friendly and efficient manner. We would certainly return and will recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Wanting to teach my friend how to surf, we looked at places nearby to Saunton sands. The Brookfield came up, and we thought to give it a try.

I found the place easily enough from their website directions, plus they had mentioned about the one way street they were on. Ample parking spaces outside. The georgian house looks lovely from outside, and was just as good inside.
I was greeted warmly by Julie, having arrived earlier than my friend, and shown to the conservatory to have a cup of my preferred tea with biscuits (yummy). We got chatting about how i knew the area (surfing) and how and why they were in Braunton (they love golf). Free wifi helped too, when i needed to check some emails.

The room itself was very spacious and in very good decor. The huge bed was comfy and warm. The en suite was large, with a very powerful hot power shower and bath. All lovely and clean.

Once my friend arrived we were asked what breakfast we wanted - i went for the yummy scrambled eggs with salmon, my friend scrambled eggs - it didn't disappoint. Breakfast was good.

Both Julie and Chris were very helpful in recommending places to eat and what activities to do, even being able to lend us an iron and ironing board. Alas we could only stay at the b&b for a night (they were fully booked for the rest of the week), but were very helpful in phoning up other b&b's and found us a place right next to Saunton Sands.

All in all, a top place to stay, with friendly knowledgeable hosts, that make you feel relaxed and welcome. We'll be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends