“A perfect week”
Review of Long Cottage B&B

Long Cottage B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Braunton
Long Cottage B&B
Ranked #26 of 40 Braunton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A perfect week”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We found Long Cottage on Trip Advisor last year and, seeing the great reviews, took the plunge and booked for the first week of the school’s summer holiday 2012. The accommodation surpassed our high expectations. The cottage is spacious and extremely well finished. The owners, Carine and Simon, who live in the adjacent cottage, were extremely helpful but not intrusive. Local beaches are stunning - fantastic for young kids and adults alike. Another 5 star recommendation!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Crickhowell
Reviewed 28 January 2013

My girlfriend and I just returned from our second weekend at Long Cottage in as many weeks which probably says it all. The rooms are lovely, clean and spacious with en suite facilities, the common area is dangerously comfortable with a wood burner that throws off some serious heat - perfect for when you need to warm up post-surf - and well stocked with DVDs, books and cooking facilities. It basically felt a bit like home. On top of that we were made to feel very welcome by our host Simon, we didn't meet Carrine, there are two very good pubs within spitting distance, almost, and three great surf breaks a short drive away...perfect.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Woolacombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Use your navigating skills, combined with excellent route description from Simon & Corinne to get to this fantastic B&B tucked away in beautiful country lanes of North Devon.
Friendly service will make you feel straight at home, rooms are top notch, hosts are a fountain of local knowledge on local info & surf related questions...
All beaches from Saunton to Woolacombe are about 10 min drive away.

After staying here you'll feel definitely revived, possibly very surfed out! ;-)

• Stayed December 2011
Deal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I spent one of the best weeks here last summer. Carrine & Simon are extremely charming & really the most accomodating of hosts, lending me things I needed, checking I was ok every single day, and ensuring my stay was nothing short of perfect. What a gorgeous place this long cottage is too ;-] ... even the neighbours were lovely! My double room & bathroom were modenr spacious and clean and the downstairs living kitchen space was fully equipped and all I needed. I will be back for sure, with the whole family next time I hope!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Carrine & Simon are fabulous hosts and their B&B is as good, if not better, than all the reviews you'll read here. Comfortable, spotlessly clean and one of the best breakfasts you will ever have. If you truly want to experience peace and quiet you must visit Long Cottage. We will be going back.

Room Tip: Room 1 was Fab.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stayed in Long Cottage with my partner the last weekend of Sep2012. This b&b is fantastic! The best I have stayed in UK (and I travel a lot)! It is looking very good on the web-site, but it is a perfection in reality! The location of the cottage is noiseless - perfect for good rest. Our room was very spacious, clean, odourless and stylish. Breakfast was cooked and served with love! The hosts are very welcoming. It felt more like staying at friends' house rather than b&b! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My partner, child and I spent a few days in this lovely, extremely well kept and looked after B&B.

The owners, were very hospitable, supportive and helpful to both us and other guests (some friends of ours who joined us for a couple of nights).

Highly recommended B&B, very clean, quiet location, lovely rooms and shares services (kitchen and sitting room) and serving one of the best English Breakfasts I ever had.

I will definitively go back

Room Tip: Book in advance as many guests tend to return for they Devon breaks
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family