Pickwell Manor
US$227
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort(Croyde)(Great Value!)
US$220
Orbitz.com
Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsputsborough beachtreasure huntgames roomtiffinnorth devonpirate islandrock innitalian gardenyounger family membersadditional facilitieson arrivalbuckets and spadesden buildingspecial mention must godressing up clothesthought of everythingwall hangings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I spent many a happy holiday at Pickwell Manor when Mrs. Mountford ran it. Unfortunately she retired in 1997 and I stopped going. Recently I returned with my partner for a weekend and all I can say is....WOW!!! The present owners have refurbished and renovated all of the apartments to a very high standard. Comfortable and luxurious. The area remains totally unspoilt and the walks are still amazing - walking down to Putsborough beach is a must and if you feel energetic enough you can walk to Woolacombe one way or around Baggy Point to Croyde the other. The weather was glorious, which obviously helped to make our stay a memorable one. We walked into Georgeham in the evening for a pub meal, but if you didn't want to eat out, the kitchen was very well-equipped to cook up something if you're on a budget or just wanted to stay in and appreciate the surroundings/chill out. We most definitely will be recommending Pickwell to friends and family and returning ASAP!!!! The owners couldn't have been more pleasant, welcoming and helpful. DO NOT MISS OUT on a stay at Pickwell Manor!!

Room Tip: All rooms are brilliant, but if you have trouble climbing stairs make sure you mention that when booking!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stumbled across Pickwell Manor when searching the internet for a family holiday in Devon. I couldn’t believe my luck when I found it, so I booked it straight away. I will never forget the first time we approached Pickwell Manor – set back from the North Devon coast, with amazing views over the countryside towards the sea, and an utterly breath-taking approach up to the Manor.

As we entered our apartment, I was even more delighted - it was superb, with beautiful modern décor, yet in keeping with the Manor. It was peaceful, tranquil and felt like a little piece of paradise – I fell in love with Pickwell Manor instantly. It’s the perfect place to relax, unwind and to spend some quality time with each other and the children. When life gets too hectic and the stress levels get high, I know Pickwell Manor is only a 4hr drive away, for some peace, therapy and to recharge the batteries.

It is perfect for families with a lot for the children to do, regardless of the weather. The Baker and Elliott families are the perfect hosts, who go out of their way to look after you and make you feel welcome, and are there if you need them. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in North Devon – look no further. I would highly recommend Pickwell Manor and will most certainly be back. I cannot leave without knowing I have another trip booked! Thank you for sharing Pickwell Manor with us!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We have stopped at pickwellmanor twice now and will almost certainly return later this year. The apartments are beautiful and the owners have thought about everything to make you feel at home. The location is second to none, complete tranquility and within walking distance of croyde, Georgham and the beach, (although quite tricky with a pushchair). We had an amazing time and would certainly recommend pickwellmanor to any one!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Pickwell Manor is one of the most wonderful places you could ever hope to visit!!! Nestled in the quaint rolling hills of North Devon between Croyde Bay and Georgeham... this epic country manor offers a treat round every corner! All of the self catering apartments are stunning with a different personal feel each more enchanting than the previous... The set up is nothing less than a home away from home!! But with sea views and a peacefulness that you never knew was missing from your life!! The Apartments are very comfortable with everything you could possibly need, from cooking utensils down to books and toys for the kids...! As if the inside wasn’t spectacular enough... the grounds of the house are breath-taking! There is space for all to play and relax... the terrace is sun-kissed and welcoming... the gardens are vast and beautiful and there are woodlands and fields all around for kids to play to their hearts content!! Not to mention the tennis court and kids playroom full to the brim with toys!!
As if all of this was not enough... the stunning beaches at Saunton, Croyde and Putsborough are just a short car drive away... for the more outdoorsy Putsborough beach is within walking distance! And for the really enthusiastic there are plenty of places to surf near by... Any questions just ask the wonderful people that run the manor! Richard, Susie, Tracy or Steve... they know everything there is to know about the best local attractions... great places to eat and even the secret yummy curry night on Thursdays too!! :-)
I simply cannot recommend this place enough!!! If you are looking for a family getaway or a romantic retreat Pickwell Manor is perfect in every way... a secret that definitely needs to be shared!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My family and I stayed in the Jubilee at the Pickwell Manor during end of October. From the moment we entered the Manor we loved every aspects of our stay there. The jubilee consisted of three bedrooms (two double and one twin) rooms. The apartment was clean, aesthetically pleasing and consisted of all facilities that made our stay there very comfortable and at ease. The kitchen was equiped with everything that we required and the big windows complimented the great views that it overlooked. The bedrooms were very clean, and the beds were very comfortable to relax and sleep in. Both bathrooms in the Jubilee were very good with heated floors. The lounge was large and had good amount of space and comfortable sofa's for the family to relax in and for the kids to play around. Richard and Tracey were really nice hosts always welcoming us with a warm smile. We are definately going to return to the manor and probably back in the Jubilee suite as we loved it there. We visited quite a few places however there is much more to visit on our next visit there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family