Pickwell Manor
US$229
  • Pool
Unison Croyde Bay Holiday Resort(Croyde)(Great Value!)
US$209
Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)
US$141
US$133
Travelocity
The Fortescue Arms(Woolacombe)
US$91
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
US$248
Royal Hotel(Woolacombe)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsputsborough beachtreasure huntgames roomtiffinnorth devonpirate islandrock innitalian gardenyounger family membersadditional facilitieson arrivalbuckets and spadesden buildingspecial mention must godressing up clothesthought of everythingwall hangings
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We spent a lovely couple of nights at Pickwell Manor. It is marketed as a peaceful, tranquil and relaxing place to recharge our weary batteries and that is exactly what we got! We stayed at the Bliss Apartment which has been beautifully restored. The apartment was spacious, clean and airy with all the mod-cons including an en suite bathroom in our huge double room with one of the largest beds we have ever slept in. Our 3 year old son loved the well equipped Games Room and we even had a campfire on the 2nd night...toasted marshmallows with a bottle of Shiraz after a long day Surfing...nothing in the UK comes close to this! Well worth the effort and 4.5hr drive from London. We found the Manor reasonably easily from the idyllic village of Georgeham. The suggestion in our welcome pack was for a Sri Lankan curry in a secluded cove - this was the icing on the cake....pick a weekend and get down to Pickwell Manor! We will certainly be back...we didn't want to leave in the first place!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We've just returned from a long weekend at Pickwell Manor. The attention to detail by the owners was second to none, small amounts of tea, coffee and milk on arrival, with some homemade Tiffin made our apartment instantly feel like home away from home. Beautiful surrounding in the grounds and the apartment itself very tastefully decorated. We'll definitely be back for many years to come - our words upon leaving, having been to the area several times before, 'why would we ever stay anywhere else?!'.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I spent many a happy holiday at Pickwell Manor when Mrs. Mountford ran it. Unfortunately she retired in 1997 and I stopped going. Recently I returned with my partner for a weekend and all I can say is....WOW!!! The present owners have refurbished and renovated all of the apartments to a very high standard. Comfortable and luxurious. The area remains totally unspoilt and the walks are still amazing - walking down to Putsborough beach is a must and if you feel energetic enough you can walk to Woolacombe one way or around Baggy Point to Croyde the other. The weather was glorious, which obviously helped to make our stay a memorable one. We walked into Georgeham in the evening for a pub meal, but if you didn't want to eat out, the kitchen was very well-equipped to cook up something if you're on a budget or just wanted to stay in and appreciate the surroundings/chill out. We most definitely will be recommending Pickwell to friends and family and returning ASAP!!!! The owners couldn't have been more pleasant, welcoming and helpful. DO NOT MISS OUT on a stay at Pickwell Manor!!

Room Tip: All rooms are brilliant, but if you have trouble climbing stairs make sure you mention that when booking!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stumbled across Pickwell Manor when searching the internet for a family holiday in Devon. I couldn’t believe my luck when I found it, so I booked it straight away. I will never forget the first time we approached Pickwell Manor – set back from the North Devon coast, with amazing views over the countryside towards the sea, and an utterly breath-taking approach up to the Manor.

As we entered our apartment, I was even more delighted - it was superb, with beautiful modern décor, yet in keeping with the Manor. It was peaceful, tranquil and felt like a little piece of paradise – I fell in love with Pickwell Manor instantly. It’s the perfect place to relax, unwind and to spend some quality time with each other and the children. When life gets too hectic and the stress levels get high, I know Pickwell Manor is only a 4hr drive away, for some peace, therapy and to recharge the batteries.

It is perfect for families with a lot for the children to do, regardless of the weather. The Baker and Elliott families are the perfect hosts, who go out of their way to look after you and make you feel welcome, and are there if you need them. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in North Devon – look no further. I would highly recommend Pickwell Manor and will most certainly be back. I cannot leave without knowing I have another trip booked! Thank you for sharing Pickwell Manor with us!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We have stopped at pickwellmanor twice now and will almost certainly return later this year. The apartments are beautiful and the owners have thought about everything to make you feel at home. The location is second to none, complete tranquility and within walking distance of croyde, Georgham and the beach, (although quite tricky with a pushchair). We had an amazing time and would certainly recommend pickwellmanor to any one!

• Stayed: April 2013