2,069 results
All reviewsterrace loungesea facing roomsand dunesstunning locationmain restaurantfamily suiteindoor poollovely hotelshort breakbrend hotelsnorth devonsconescream teatable tennisrelaxing breakbrend groupgreat facilities
Reviewed 14 June 2013

As a group of Golfers we have stayed at the Saunton Sands Hotel for 6 years when we play at Saunton Golf Club.As a Hotel it is very good with pleasant staff and good facilities. What we noticed on this occasion was that the service was extremely slow both at the Bar and the Restaurant, and when I pointed out to one of the waiters that we had been waiting for about 10 minutes for someone to take a drinks order, he said he was very busy and he would get to us when he could, I politely pointed out that this was pretty poor he snapped back that's how it is. Having been in the service industry I would never have accepted my staff answering back.We also booked each evening to eat at 8 o'clock and although the staff took our orders we never got our main course until 9.30 and on one evening it was nearly 10.It is disappointing to write these comments but there is no doubt that the service has deteriorated, and as a group of Golfers we spend a considerable amount of money in the Hotel, and will have to consider whether we return next year.

Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Robert G
BrendHotels, Owner at Saunton Sands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion your stay at the hotel did not meet with previous experiences at the hotel, the service you received is unacceptable. I have asked the Hotel Manager to contact you personally to discuss your stay in further detail and once again I am sorry for the inadequate service during your stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed 2 nights for our anniversary and everything was perfect. The room overlooked the beach and had everything in it that you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The food was excellent both in the evening and for breakfast. The weather was great which meant that the views from the hotel were stunning.
Staff plentiful, well trained and very keen to help. The hotel is well worth a stay with the best views of the seaside anywhere in the UK.

Room Tip: Would book a sea view
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have been coming to the Saunton Hotel for nearly 30 years, for business conferences, with my young family, and more recently my sons 18th birthday. Returning again this week end in glorious sunshine was a pleasure as always. The staff have always been welcoming and pleasant, this time was no exception. Thank you.

Room Tip: Never save a few pounds by going inland, the 5 miles of sand and surf is worth every penny.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Of course the weather helps at this stunning location and it shone for the weekend that we were there. Lunch outside on the terrace looking out to sea was idyllic, the fact that a wedding was on didn't affect our wait for lunch or drinks. The dinner menu had plenty of choice with good portions, not pretty bits of 'fine' (read small) dining. Fantastic flavours cooked to perfection and served by attentive waiting staff. Wine menu could be improved but we had a great English white which was fairly priced and great with fish. Stayed in a lovely newly refurbished room with a balcony looking out to sea, what a view! (with the best shower we've come across in a Brend hotel). No complaints on any level.

Room Tip: Always go for a sea view room its worth the extra.
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We checked into the Saunton Sands Hotel on the 6th June and stayed for 3 night on the dinner, bed & breakfast rate. First impressions were great- very friendly staff.

We had our dinner in the terrace lounge on the 1st night and service was appauling!! It took 40 minutes for our starters to arrive and another 30 minutes for our mains. I wanted a dessert as we hadn't used all of our dinner allowance. We were given the dessert menu and 30 mins later..nobody came to take the order so we just left the table and went back to our room feeling quite angry. Not a good start to the holiday!

The other 2 nights we decided to have our dinner at Sands on the Beach. Those guys down there are brilliant. Food was tasty and served in a timely manner, the waiters were very helpful.

There was also a wedding at the hotel on the Saturday night which meant the hotel was extremely busy. It was a very sunny/warm day but due to the volume of people there were no seats outside. I ordered a cream tea but told the waiter I only wanted 1 scone and he said this would be cheaper. I was still charged £7.50 for one scone! And to be honest it was not worth the money.

Also make sure you double check your bill upon leaving. We were charged an extra £100 for somebody elses drinks/food. The staff at reception didn't even apologise for this.

Overall VERY average for the prices they expect you to pay.

5  Thank louise b