“A welcome change”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Somerset UK
“A welcome change”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Having been disappointed with my three previous meals out at three different restaurants in Somerset it was a pleasant change to sample the carvery here.
Whilst there could perhaps have been a larger choice of meats I was very impressed with the vegetables - I can't remember having seen such a choice anywhere before. Obviously popular and for a winter mid-week lunchtime I was quite surprised how busy it was - not full so choice of places to sit. Friendly staff, plenty of car parking and all in all worth stopping off for.

• Visited October 2013

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Bland Carvery !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I booked a table for my family at the Williams Arms and was looking forward to the carvery due to its reviews and location. However, we were met by a disinterested barmen and it was noticeable that the staff were generally unhappy. The carvery is over-priced for its cold/dry meat and bland vegetables and the atmosphere was dull. We did tell the waitress that we were not satisfied, but there was a general lack of interest. Shame!!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank geoffpenfold
Braunton, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Tried the Carvery this time. Thought they were a bit mean with the meat until I asked for more, however really can't knock the value. At £9.95 I suppose we must bear in mind that this is a seaside resort, at home the same meal would cost around £5.95 - £6.95, although the 'Williams' is frequented by locals all year round.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Robert L
Barnstaple
“The Best Carvery - Anywhere !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I live locally and have used this establishment a number of times over the years though not recently. So when we turned up on 30 June, my wife's birthday, we were hoping that the high quality of food there would still be the same. We need not have worried ! The Carvery here is superb both in it's quality and quantity. The choice of three meats was more than amply complimented by an excellent and wide variety of vegetables, all cooked to perfection. Well done to the Chef and all concerned - we won't leave it so long for our next treat !

• Visited June 2013