“Not for Tubing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lobelville
Buffalo River Resort
Margate, Florida
“Not for Tubing”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

For a group of 12 we were looking for a place to go tubing. Called and spoke to someone at the front desk seem nice. We drove for a little over an hour the day was overcasted and we had two younger children and the 6 older teens. From the time of our arrival they seem very unorganized and not much information given to us. They dropped us off at the river and said jump in and work yourself down. When we asked a question they really couldn't answer. Dont think we will be going back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Margaritad69

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I come here whenever we kayak the Buffalo. We have camped at their campground and stayed in their cabins. We don't camp very often anymore and on the weekends or holidays its hard to reserve the cabins without making reservations pretty far out. That being said, the camping is right on the river and fantastic if that's your thing. Their bathhouse is very nice. The cabins are beautiful and fully furnished with full kitchens. They are up on a hill but you still have a view of the river. We have our own kayaks and enjoy their shuttle service ( only 12$ per kayak....this is so cheap it's unheard of). They get you in the river promptly and the take out is at their campground. The staff is friendly....some of the other outfitters in the area are notoriously rude. I would highly recommend this establishment .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Terri P
Springville
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just did my 2nd float at this great place. I checked out the nearby competitors b4 I went the first time and I know now, there's no reason to go anywhere else. At one place, the owner insulted me the first minute I walked in. I said I wanted just a shuttle of my own kayak, and he said "Why would you do that? Our kayaks are probly better, and we don't offer any discount if we have to haul your kayak." EXCUSE ME?? I just drove away. BRR has nice clean grounds and office, everyone smiling, great prices, and they get you on the water as fast as possible. I've dealt with Brad and Mike, a couple of the shuttle/van drivers and they Git-R-Done! It's just a cool place and right off I-40.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank KYFishman
Memphis
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We had a group of 7 that visited the Buffalo River RV Resort for a float trip on a recent Sunday. We had never visited the area before and called a few times prior to the trip with questions. The lady in the front office was very friendly and helpful and happy to answer all questions.

The day of the trip we awoke to pouring rain and were nervous about driving two hours to the float site only to be turned away. We again called and were assured that our trip would go on as planned. Luckily, as soon as we arrived the clouds broke and we had beautiful weather.

I can't say enough about how professional and accommodating they were. We had new and well inflated tubes and prompt shuttle service. The water was beautiful and the entire trip down the river was incredibly scenic. A fantastic time was had by all. We are already trying to schedule a return trip.

Thank you for a great day!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Heather H
Kingston Springs, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My friends and I made a last minute trip to the Buffalo River. We called around to several places looking at prices and campgrounds. We had our own kayaks and just wanted someone to shuttle us to put in the river and a place to set up camp when we finished. Buffalo river resort only charged $12 for shuttle service while the other places either didn't answer the phone or wanted $25 for shuttle. They only charged $15 for a tent campsite too.

We were so lucky to have discovered this place. The staff was so nice and very helpful. The lady in the front office was very down to earth and answered all of our questions. After the float the staff helped us take our kayaks back to our campsite. They even stopped by when they were leaving for the night to see if we needed anything and brought us more ice for our coolers.

I have never experienced such a warm welcome at any other canoe/camping places. We are already planning on going back in a few weeks and bringing more people. I definitely suggest going to Buffalo River Resort.

They have over 2,000 acres for horseback riding and hiking. They also offer RV hookups, cabins, a small restaurant/bar, concession stand, canoe/kayak/tube rentals, bath houses, and a beach to play on. They even mentioned trying to get permits for ATV access soon. It is only been open for a little over a year, but they offer something for everyone. Check them out!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

We did not stay but we spent the day on their floats loving the day. We have been making it a point to try and head down every river this year and so far this was the most fun had by all. These people are fantastic, affordable, accomidating, and super down to Earth. Go there!

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Merlyn311
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lobelville
Quality Inn
#3 of 6 in Hurricane Mills
Little Easy Cabins
Little Easy Cabins
#1 of 1 in Holladay
Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly)
Days Inn Holladay
Days Inn Holladay
#1 of 1 in Holladay

Been to Buffalo River Resort? Share your experiences!