“Brixham Holiday park”

Brixham Holiday Park
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night stay, Our accommodation was a Kittewake bungalow, it was clean and tidy one of the best places we have stayed. (no smell of damp if you've stayed at John Fowler in Ifracombe you know what I mean)

We had stayed at BHP twice before it did lack entertainment then, this time it was nice to have a club house with somthing going on, even if some of the acts are not top notch we enjoyed ourselfs, its what you make it, Pam and her team were very friendley.

I used the pool, The 3 morning's I used it no-one else was there, it was clean tidy and the water a nice temp.

Our dog loved the walks and hubby the fishing.

I really cant find anything to fault,

Def coming back next sept

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nette13
maggie t, General Manager at Brixham Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you so much for the mark of five. I have passed your comments onto the cleaning staff and housekeeper. We feel we have a high standard of cleanliness and it is nice to see it is appreciated. The maintenance staff work hard keeping the pool spotless clean. I have also passed on your nice comments to Pam and Roy who we franchise the club to. We very much look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Have just returned from Brixham Holiday Park and really impressed.
We stayed in Lapwing 29, very clean and compact but when there are only 2 of you that's all you need.
We didn't use the pool so cannot comment on that, but we did use the clubhouse - staff friendly, food excellent but bingo and music a bit hit and miss. Wednesday night was disco night and all we had to listen to and watch on the screen was Shania Twain in concert followed by Rod Stewart. Not my cup of tea to be honest. Bingo is very serious and expensive £6 for a book of 3 games. The bingo callers could do with getting the holiday makers involved they sound very monotone.
Very dog friendly park but all dogs were well behaved that we came across, and no doggy doodoos that we saw.
15 minute walk into Brixham definitely worth the ups and downs with fantastic views across the breakwater and harbour.
Great place for a beer or 2 - Crown and Anchor and definitely have a takeaway from the chip shop next door Brixham Fish takeaway and restaurant, highly recommend cod and chips.
Would definitely consider staying here again.
Only negative - needed a bath mat for getting out the shower (sorry if we missed it if there was one supplied)

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon R

Thank you for your response on this page. We welcome your comments. All the staff work very hard to help every customer as we really appreciate that they have chose our Holiday Park to spend a break. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband, myself and our dog Pixie stayed here from September 5th-9th 2013. We stayed in the albatross apartment no 63 and it was very clean, nice smelling and comfy. The kitchen came with everything you need: crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils and well as a neat oven with grill, microwave and little fridge with freezer bit (someone filled the ice cube tray for us, thanks!) I would reccomend bringing washing up liquid, sponges and a tea towel. The living room/kitchen dining room area has a nice little dining table, some drawers and a table, as well as a little digital tv with freeview and dvd player. The bathroom is nice but would be so much better if it had a shower insted, or aswell as a bath. One thing...Beware of the water!! It was so hot that I burnt my finger so badly that I still have blisters -:(, I did let the staff know so hopefully they've fixed the temperature out now. We didn't use the pools so can't comment on that, the kids play area was nice though. If you don't like dogs, I wouldn't reccommend this holiday park as it's very dog friendly, which was great for us. The clubhouse was fine but we didn't spend much time in there, they had two pool tables 50p a game, darts, bingo , karaoke...... There are two beaches close by, both very sweet, Woodlands to the side, and Brixham is abot 10 minutes walk by the coastal path. I would definately come to this lovely place again as we had such a lovely time, in fact, I miss it already!

Room Tip: All apartments and chalets seem very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosy M
maggie t, Manager at Brixham Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Thank you so much for your review, it is much appreciated and i am always really pleased to know our customer's have enjoyed there holiday. The Albatross unit's are the basic one bedroom unit but lovely little unit as a base. We are situated on a lovely coastal path. We do take dogs as you say but a lot of the accommodation we do not allow pets into. Once again thank you for your comments. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is our second time back at brixham holiday park this year we stayed ij the petrel caravan which was a lot better compared to the albatross which we stayed last year which i admit was smelly and small but have no coainted on our carsvan it was. Well equipped and clean. The staff are lovely and the clubhouse is perfect for the kids and love the bingo everynight. Im only 32 and this is perfect for family their was 12 of us in our group and suited all our needs. We will be returning next year.

2  Thank Lauradrum

I would like to thank you for a great review. Thank you for taking the time to put a response on this page. The caravans are very popular and most of the caravans have a lovely sea view which is a bonus. We are a family owned site and our customers are very important to us and we love to see them return year after year. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Myself and my wife have visited Brixham Holiday Park on numerous occasions over the last twenty years and we love it.
The accommodation is clean and tidy and for the most part very comfortable. It would have been nice to have had a lamp or two in the bed room to read by instead of my wife keeping me awake with the big light on and it was a bit of a nuisance missing a third of the tv picture on the tiny square screen set, but apart from that the chalet 27 was fine.

The site is kept looking tidy and fresh by the staff who all come across as very helpful and friendly.
The club house is great, it seems to have been re organised.
The pool is very good, very clean.

The location is second to none, there is a beautiful little cove on the door step and miles of good walking through wood land and coastal paths.

All in all its cracking good value for money and my wife and my self along with our two spaniels will be returning again and again.

3  Thank Mark H

Thank you for your lovely response, it is always to have a lovely review. The TV we are in the process of updating all the units to larger flat screen TV and we have a few units left to do. All units will have a flat screen soon. Bed side lamps are something we again are trying to get done as i agree with you it is a item needed. Feed back is important to me so i then know what the customer requires. Once again thank you and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

There are a some things that are positive about this park - location, staff, seemed v family and dog friendly (although we had neither) , pool and pool tables. We stayed in Avocet 4 for 4 nights and I was more than slightly disappointed. The chalet was basic, at best. It states 'well equipped'. Trust me - well equipped it ain't. Not sure I have ever stayed in more basic accommodation and certainly not for the money we paid. Notes to remember for future holidayers: Bring the following with you: Towels, iron, washing liquid, tea towels, dish cloth, hand soap, toilet rolls, etc, basically all things that you would normally expect to be available. Things you take for granted on a daily basis!!! If you like to read in your bed - think again. There isn't one lamp in the place, so bring one with you!! However, don't expect to use a lamp in the double room - there isn't a plug available to use one!! There is no lamp in the main room either and the lights are extremely bright. The telly is tiny, so a lamp would have been great. It felt that if there was anything they could get away with NOT providing then they would - there was no toilet brush for goodness sake!! The sofas were uncomfortable - I am just very grateful I didn't have to sleep on them - this is not accommodation for 6, no way! The pool was very small and opened far too late - 9.30 a.m. We didn't use it as a result. All this being said, the location is lovely - the only saving grace. However, if you don't like walking, or struggle with steep hills, this isn't the place for you. We love walks like that so it was a positive for us. Thankfully we had wonderful weather so we were out of the chalet and park for the vast majority of the day. I think I may have lost the will had it been raining. We had a lovely break, but it wasn't thanks to this Holiday Park.

Room Tip: Avoid Avocet if you want early nights and have very young children as it is opposite the club house...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
maggie t, Manager at Brixham Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for your review, i am sorry you were disappointed with the Avocet chalet as these have been completely refurbished as the photo on Trip Advisor shows. Most self catering accommodation in the UK do not provide washing liguid, tea towels, dish cloth and hand soap. We have a launderette which has a iron and ironing board in. We do provide a toilet roll. I do agree we do need to provide some table and bedside lamps and thank you for that comment as i do need feed back to improve and provide what the customer requires. The TV are modern flat screen. The sofa bed again is new. The swimming pool is not open before 9.30 as we have to do all the regulation testing and the maintenance persons don't start work unitl 8.30am. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our young family wanted a few days away down In Devon.

The Caravan was clean, the swimming pool was great, the evening entertainment was good and so was the food.

Its not a huge campsite so don't expect Butlins style entertainment but our 4 and 6 year old loved the Bingo, Pig racing and dancing.

The staff are very friendly and we will be going back next year.

1  Thank Marc B

Thank you for your lovely review and another five. We are a quiet Holiday Park and therefore the entertainment is low key but still enjoyable and fun. We very much look forward to seeing you again in 2014. Thank you again.