“fantastic staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brixham
Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
“fantastic staff”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

we have just returned from a 4 night break. we had a lovely time, the food was good, the location was great we walked into brixham with out double pram and 5year old and that was a manageable walk for us, we even managed to walk and get the ferry over to Torquay. the staff are probably the best staff I've come across, friendly, polite and they will go out of their way to help you. The children really enjoyed the entertainment especially jack. I must also add the man in the arcade was very helpful although I can't remember his name. We stayed in silver d10. It is dated, needs painting, furniture and curtains need replacing but was fine for a base although we did expect a bit of a nicer chalet for silver. due to the staff and location we would consider staying in gold in the future. overall fantastic holiday. If you dont mind staying in older accommodation then I'd recommend especially if yiu can get a good deal. we wouldn't have paid full price though.

• Stayed May 2014
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It really is gratifying when guests are happy to note their experiences for others to share and your comments regarding the "fantastic staff" is really appreciated and that fact that you think they are "the best staff you have come across" make it even more special.
I am sure that Jack will be especially pleased that you have mentioned him together with one of the arcade guys.
We are very lucky with our location and I am glad that you found this to be suitable for your needs. We aim to provide good value family holidays and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.
I hope that you will return again sometime in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We booked the Coastal Path Cottage because it "sleeps" 10, for a family getaway during May half term.
On arrival it was like a ghost town. Nothing open except reception.
First impression of site = old, poor, needs demoliting!
Because we had booked "Gold" we entered the cottage at 2pm, OMG! !!! Unsure if it had been cleaned!
We quickly discovered windows didnt open or close, the 2nd bathroom was unusable due to the stench coming from the drains - which reappears in the trap of the shower! Squirrels had made their home on in the loft - like parties ALL day and night! Ants in 1st bathroom, shower over dirty bath is dangerous and unusable due to uncontrollable settings (with shower holder hanging off)! Basic utensils missing, dirty EVERYWHERE! ALL Furniture is only any good for bonfire night!!!
The site has not been changed since the days of Pontin's St Mary's Bay and probably Homelea before that!
We witnessed drains being pumped for 6 hours. The smell is very off putting.
All facilities are non existent! Shop opens half of day with bad variety and price.
Pool is small and unappealing.
Disorganized EVERWHERE = pool, shpp, reception, entertainment.
Entertainment. .. where do I begin! BINGO BINGO BINGO. ... the "entertainers" need a reality check, its NOT the "I" show it's about families wanting their children to be happy so that they as parents are happy. Even (the expensive) alcohol does NOT numb the pain of the entertainment.
I could go on and on but just don't book it!
The "concentration camp" chalets are disgusting just to look at, so I wouldn't want to stay in one even if paid... but the same applies to the cottage.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank ASP14
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I am very sorry to read your disappointment following your stay at Riviera Bay Holiday Park. As you are aware the park has been in existence for many years and although our accommodation is of an older more traditional style of accommodation, every effort is made to ensure they are cleaned and checked prior to our guests arrival.. I can only apologise if you felt the park was like a ghost town on arrival, with it being a check in day, the faciilties can seen empty at certain times of the day.

It disappoints me to read your comments regarding the Entertainments Team, as this is an area that is a very personally matter of taste and although we know we cannot please everyone, the team here work very hard to ensure all our guests have a good time during their stay.

Please accept my apologies for Riviera Bay not suiting you as a holiday destination, we have many guests that do return year and after and am sorry that you will not be visiting us again in the future.
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for 3 years twice a year and due to go again this weekend yes its basic but the staff are great lots to do the accommadation is suitable the evening entertainment every year we love and we really do enjoy the food here the chef is fantastic and should be praised for the lovely dishes he cooks i would recommend this park to anyone the moment we leave we the park we are trying to book it again wouldnt go anywhere else not just the park it the staff aswell that make it a great holiday looking forward to spending my daugters 8th birthday there this weekend

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for such a "Great" review. Your comments are a real testament to the Park and your comments regarding the staff and the facilities are greatly appreciated. I know that the chef will be really pleased to have had a special mention.
I hope that you're weekend was as great as previous stay and also that we see you again soon.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just returned from a four night stay and to be fair paid £104 for a bronze accommodation during half term as we booked last minute. Full price was £340. If we had paid full price we would not be happy! The accommodation is basic but clean and could desperately do with a bit of a revamp. However all staff were very friendly and helpful and the entertainment for our 5 year old was great. Jack you stood out as brilliant Dan you weren't but thought you were! Food in the restaurant was good and pool was clean and life guards did actually pay attention to what was happening in the pool. Park was clean and no noise at night by our chalet. So for the price we paid we were happy. Never stayed in anything like it before but would go back again if the price was right.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you found the facilities to be suitable for your needs and your comments regarding the staff are really appreciated. I know that Jack will be especially pleased to have had a special mention too.
Here at Park Holidays we do aim to offer good value family holidays and it was good to note that you "Had a great time at a bargain price".
Thank you once again.
Aldershot
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Only booked this last minute to enable contact with children who live in plymouth, wasnt particularly cheap and expected more.

Unclean and upon arrival not enough bedding for the 4 beds. Tired and in need of redecorating, curtains hanging off and mattresses and generally in poor state of repair.

would not stay again unless we were desperate for accommodation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank emilylou097
I am sorry to read that your stay with us at Riviera Bay did not meet your expectations, I am confident that any issues raised with our Reception Team would have been resolved to your complete satisfaction.

I am sorry to read that you will not be visiting us again in the future.
Shustoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Chalet accommodation - needs updating; beds were extremely uncomfortable; the chalet was clean enough, but the furniture had all seen better days.
The Park - it's small; the entertainment room was fairly typical of holiday camps - didn't watch any shows, but did stay around for the disco at the end of the night - which was good; the swimming pool was small - but warm. Not really much for the kids to do.
We didn't eat in the restaurant, but friends said that the carvery lived up to other positive reviews; the take-away prices were good, but the chips aren't 'real' - looked and tasted awful.
There are some wonderful coastal path walks - and you can get down to the beach - though its a fairly tough hike - both going down to the beach and coming back up. Worth it for the adventure and scenery though.
Reception staff were friendly and informative.
You can walk into Brixham - takes about 15 minutes; its a lovely town, well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...if the accommodation is important to you, then this really isn't for you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle D
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review, I was pleased to note that the location of the Park seemed to suit your needs, however I was sorry to read that you found our accommodation to be basic. We do offer differing levels of accommodation offering good value family holidays to suit all budgets and this winter has seen a large investment in new beds and bedding in many of our units. I am sure that you will appreciate that to keep the holiday costs down, we are unable to change everything in one fail swoop.
I was confused by your comment regarding the chips as they are definately potato and I fail to understand how they can not be "real", however I will apologise that they were not to your taste.
Finally I would like to thank you for noting that the reception staff were friendly and informative.
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Basic accomodation but everything we needed. Staff very friendly and helpful and lots to do on site. Amazing location with great views and very close to Brixham Habour. Whole sight clean and no complaints. Particulary impressed by reception staff and the entertainment.

Room Tip: The one bedrrom chalet not big enough for a family, sofa beds not suitable for adults. We easily upg...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for such a kind review. I was plesaed to note that you found the location of the Park to be suitable and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I would also like to thank you for the special mention for the entertainers. The team here really do appreciate it when guests take time to post their positive experiences for others to share.
I hope that you will return again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brixham
Quayside Hotel
#3 of 8 in Brixham
Churston Court Hotel
Churston Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Churston Ferrers

Been to Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!