“The view is lovely accommodation terrible”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brixham
Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
Stafford
“The view is lovely accommodation terrible”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I wish I could describe the chalet only in one word...shocking.... Dirty, paint peeling, wood exposed door frames, cracks in the main walls and the equipment wants a good deep clean. Shame really as it's the money they are after and not customer satisfaction.
I have emailed them after coming home and provided pictures only for them to say we would of put right the situation.. I won't be staying there again.. It should never been rented out in that state!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lillypomf
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and will not be staying with us again. Although our chalets are of an older brick style of chalet, we have in recent years replaced all the wooden doors with UPVC doors and therefore your comments do surprise me.
If you have already emailed us, then I am sure you will receive a reply within 2 weeks.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights, awful is not the word. Our chalet was bronze A9...we didn't expect luxury but we did expect satisfactory. Here we go...As we entered our chalet the outside was covered in cobwebs,bird poo, dirt, grime, fag ends strewn all over the outside. Inside blood stained shower curtain, spiders living in the bathroom, had to wear flip flops inside or our feet were black with dirt! The cooker had no markings around the dials so you didn't know what hob you were turning on, the temperature, the grill etc. carpet had mould in the corners. Paintwork peeling and different shades of paint on the walls making it look shabby. The tiniest tv known to man with No digital tv...just 5 channels with most of them fuzzy. Pool is basic, no frills, found a lovely hair extension floating past me!! Club tropicana.. Kids loved it so that was a plus, extremely hot though, no fans, people leaving because they felt unwell with the heat, the poor entertainers were dripping with sweat on stage. The public toilets...hand dryer didn't work, no toilet roll, dirty and a sign outside saying it is cleaned regularly throughout the day..but the initial that was last written on there was saying it had been cleaned TWO Days previously!! Will not return, made my skin crawl...camping in a tent would be an upgrade!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Jessicayellowhat
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a Sun holiday at this park in June, and can honestly say that it was the worst, by far, that we have ever had. Hopefully you will read this BEFORE you book a holiday at Riviera Bay and then book somewhere else. The bronze chalets that the Sun holiday makers are allocated are truly awful. One bedroom with the most uncomfortable twin beds and grotty duvets and pillows, and a pull out contraption in the living room with a paper thin mattress. The hot water in the bathroom runs out after a couple of minutes (we had to boil water on the cooker to get a hot wash).

The cooker in the kitchen was filthy and the knobs so rusty you could not determine whether the rings were on or off, and the microwave had the previous residents baked beans all over the outside!! The chairs were falling apart, and the carpets were threadbare and seriously sticky. The mugs (once white, I think) were stained brown inside and all of the cooking utensils had the remains of someone elses meal on them.

I appreciate that the chalets are tired and worn out, but the level of cleanliness is disgusting throughout the entire complex and the staff have a 'couldn't care less' attitude towards holiday makers.If you are brave enough to book here, then pray for good weather so that you have to spend as little time as possible in your chalet.

Room Tip: Best advice is do not go!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Bayleywillow
I am very sorry to read your comments regarding your recent stay at Riviera Bay and that the accommodation was so disappointing to you. I am very sorry that you found the facilities as well to be less then inviting and can only apologise for this.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Staff on this site were fabulous. They were quick to respond to issues....like missing duvet and lack of power points in chalet. The complex was good and the staff there fantastic, especially in the restaurant. The on site restaurant had a varied menu and the prices were fair, the standard of food was good, but it's the staff on this site that make your stay a good one.
We were on a 'sun' holiday and didn't feel the accommodation was worth that low price! So how people feel if they paid full high season price I dread to think.
By the end of our midweek break I felt embarrassed on behave of the staff at Riviera Bay because of the so low quality of chalets.
We were lucky to have great weather so could stay out for most of day. When I first entered chalet I was hit by the aroma of years of old cooked breakfasts, very eggy! We then discover only one bedroom with 2 singles in. These beds weren't even worth putting in a charity shop!...mattresses lot smaller than the bases and springs literally poking out the mattresses. Mum took the sofa...as she is short she opted to bed down on it as a sofa, so we can't comment on how the sofa converted to a bed...at least she didn't have springs to contend with.
There was only 3 power points: 1 for toaster,1 for kettle and 1 for TV...a friendly maintenance man kindly sourced a 4 way adapter for us to borrow, this meant we could at least charge a mobile phone!
Great area to visit....bad site to stay on purely because of awful accommodation!
PS...I hope the next people to stay in that chalet appreciate the scented candle we left for you, it helped a little.

Room Tip: Book into a local B&B or a different site!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that the accommodation did not meet your expectations.
Thank you for your comments regarding the staff and I will be sure to pass them onto all of them as they all work exceptionally hard to assist our guests in having a great time.
Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review.
Aldershot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We arrived late on Friday for a 3 night stay. The chalet was not as pictured on the website and was baking hot inside. We had 2 single beds rather than a double and they were rickety and uncomfortable. Because the room was so hot we had to keep the window open but were kept awake until 2am by people partying and making lots of noise, only to be woken again at 6am by more people making lots of noise.

The accommodation was tired and some of the cutlery was dirty. The shower had hot water for about 2 minutes before turning cold. I now have some comprehension of how battery hens feel, as the accommodation was cramped and tightly packed together. If you’re claustrophobic or like your own space then this place is definitely not for you.

I would say the sea view was lovely but it was blocked out by all the other chalets. We spent the first hour of the next day looking for alternate accommodation and were checked out and gone by 10am.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here at least make sure you get a sea view and ear plugs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel E
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
I am sorry that Riviera Bay did not suit your holiday needs. Riviera Bay Has been a well established Holiday Park for many years and although our chalets are of an older and traditional style of holiday accommodation, many guests find them adequate as a holiday base. Any issues with the unit, if reported to Reception ,I am confident that everything would have been done to resolve them to your complete satisfaction.
________________________________________
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had read a few reviews on here before we left and had already upgraded to Silver. It did need updating and the sofa bed was a bit uncomfortable but it was all clean and all we needed for our short stay. The entertainment, food and amusements on site were great. Friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your comments. Its great to read you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope you will visit us again soon
sheffield
Reviewed 22 July 2014

THE UGLY

my friend and I booked this site through sun holidays so didn't expect the acomadation to be fabulous, however if I said it was poor I think it would be an understatement,
we booked in and went to our accomadation which turned out to be a chalet that looked like it hadn't had anything done to it since 1974, also there was only one bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room, the furniture seemed to be from that period too. this wouldn't have been a problem except my friend who I went with is female, which would have made it awkard if we were to share the only bedroom, as we both like our own bit of privacy.

so we decided this was not for us and went back to reception to join several other people who had similar or other complaints , so after paying an extra 35 pounds we got an upgrade to a two bedroom chalet which was slightly better but would suffice.

THE BAD
once inside the chalet we noticed cobwebs on the ceiling bird poo on the windows, window sills not clean, the mattress liners hadn't been changed and pillows were missing from the second bedroom, though I cant fault the staff on this as they came and brought us some more in less than half an hour of us asking for them,
we are both into recycling an through the week we kept our plastic, paper, tins etc separate from our general waste, but when I asked a member of staff where to put our recycling I was told you didn't have such facilities so just put them in the general waste, may I suggest you get something organized,

finally we were both amazed at this, we had to check out before 10 am, so got up early to do so and looked out of our kitchen window to see one of your cleaners sat on the doorstep of the chalet opposite waiting for the occupants to leave, thinking they will be out in a few minutes, nope they weren't and were still in the chalet at 9 30 when we left, guess where the cleaner was?
yes still sat on the doorstep waiting, perhaps this is why the chalets are in such a state. with staff rushing round to get job done, why not send them to do other chalets that are already vacant

THE GOOD
the bar area, shop, amusements, and restaurant were very clean and tidy with helpful staff, the entertainment was extremely good, especially Rebecca who was a stand in for the week, she did great, also Kelly, dan, jack and the other members of the team whose names I cant remember, the site was clean and tidy,
the site is in an ideal position for brixham town centre with a bus stop outside and only a 10 minute walk down the hill.

Lastly may I say what a disappointment your accommodation is on this site when compared to your other two sites in brixham and paignton, lanscove and waterside I believe they are called,
definitely will not be going back to this site unless it is knocked down and rebuilt to the standards at your other sites

Room Tip: don't go
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank peter c
Thank you for your recent review. Riviera Bay has been a well established Holiday Park for many years and although our chalets are of an older and traditional style of holiday accommodation, many guests find them adequate as a holiday base.
I am pleased you enjoyed the facilities on site and made the most of your time at the park.
We do make every effort to refurbish the interior of the chalets on a yearly basis and also have improved the external over recent years however this is an ongoing process
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brixham
Quayside Hotel
#3 of 8 in Brixham
Churston Court Hotel
Churston Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Churston Ferrers

Been to Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!