“Dont even think about it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brixham
Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
“Dont even think about it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked a long weekend as a Sun special offer then paid £50 to upgrade to a silver plus, it was disgusting and filthy. Save your money and stay in a nice clean comfortable guest house. Also clubhouse bar and show bar were awful. Don't bother with so called restaurant either, it's very expensive and hardly ever open. Very poor. The whole place is a health hazard.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to riviera bay now for 16 years twice a year it's a fabulous holiday park to visit clean friendly plenty to do great places to visit the staff are brilliant Kelly in the kitchen dose a great job and the food is great as always great customer service Thom in the arcade is a great bloke on of the reason why going back has become so often get on with him so well always makes the stay even betta would not be the same without him dose a great job i met so new staff this year who r great bunch of people friendly helpfully makes time to chat to u customer service very good from the bar staff such as Sophie Dom Jess Colin Molly all do a fab job I would recommend this place to any one and I can't wait to come back next year

Stayed July 2014
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent holiday at Riviera Bay, its great to read you had yet another enjoyable stay and thank you for your loyal support. I will pass your comments onto all the team members you mention.
We look forward to seeing you again next year and thank you for your continued support.
Essex uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Arrived here on monday 21st july 14, park great, entertainment very good, chalet very clean, only problem was that for a dog friendly site the floors are so slippery our poor dog could not stand up, they had laid new laminate flooring but unfortunately our poor mut spent the whole time on a cushion oron the bedroom floor as all he done was slide across the floor.we had to go out and buy a rug for him to lay on, he is a large dog but nevertheless he was not a happy pooch, apart from that all was good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback after your recent stay at Riviera Bay, I'm sorry that your poor dog did not get on with the laminate flooring.
I hope you enjoyed your wedding anniversary and that you will visit us again soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in a Silver 2 room Chalet here in Brixham w/c 26th July for my Girlfriends Birthday. We didn't pay much for it but it was what we expected for the price.

The rooms were all tidy and clean. The kitchen was also fairly clean, there were a few dirty dishes etc but nothing we couldn't wash up also the knives are the least sharp thing's you will ever feel and you cannot cut bread with them! The freezer isn't a freezer, as you can imagine. The bathroom was fairly clean too, there were a few marks/knocks inside the chalet which could have been spruced up for future rentals but no one had bothered to do it. It wasn't a problem as I say, we didn't pay much for the 5 nights so little things like that didn't affect the stay.

The bad points: The boiler and toilet is the most noisy thing I've ever heard! They really should get a plumber in, there is wallpaper peeling behind the bathroom in the toilet, the hot tap barely gave any water at all and the little dribble that came out was scorching hot! The beds were so uncomfortable we had to get a duvet from the other room and put them under our sheets! The decor was dated but again not surprising due to the money.

We never watched the entertainment because we were out in most evenings. The children in the surrounding areas were extremely noisy and always hitting balls against the window but we never complained because it wasn't that much of an issue, obviously that's what children do!

The arcade isn't great, but I guess what you would expect, the reception staff were fairly friendly and helpful but we didn't really speak to them other than checking in and checking out, and that was really simple and easy!

Good points: We were well left alone, no one bothered us, it was a safe and friendly site in which we enjoyed our stay. The chalet itself was fairly comfortable bar the beds, the furniture was all in good condition baring in mind it was dated. There was almost everything you needed in cupboards etc.

Thought it was a bit strange there was a wardrobe in the dining area but hey ho!

Overall an average, as you would expect stay! The price was fantastic for the 5 nights self catering and we enjoyed Brixham area.

I would recommend but do expect a dated and fairly worn chalet. This wasn't that much of a problem for us as we were always out but if you are looking to relax I would recommend you got a better apartment on the site.

Room Tip: Go Gold as I can imagine they're more comfortable etc
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review of Riviera Bay and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Its vital that we get feedback from our guests and are constantly working to make improvements where necessary.

Its great that overall you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again in the future
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner went to riviera bay in Brixham last week for 4 nights and had a lovely holiday. There were scenic views from the holiday park and the staff were helpful. The downside to this park for me were that it was quite far from the beach as you had to go up and down hills and through fields etc and we only went to this beach the one time. The park seemed excellent for families and children with lots of entertainment. The entertainment and disco was a little too loud in my opinion as were were in the A section which seemed to back on to the entertainment area and most nights didn't end up getting to sleep until around 12. Another down point for me personally with no children was that the pool always seemed to be full with kids playing and too busy for adults to actually have a swim so I never unfortunately went swimming in the pool due to this - it would be best if there was an allocated hour just for adults perhaps (if this is available we were not made aware). The facilities in the lodge were great and the rooms were quite spacious and I think it was good value for money although it could do with some TLC and the removal of seagull poo. We cooked every day and there was never any problems with the cooker/hot water. The fridge was a little on the small side as we struggle to fit much food in and ended up making a few trips to the shops on different days. A good point was the location, we wanted to use the accommodation as a base to travel around. We went to various places such as sidmouth , Torquay, Buddleigh Salterton which were all lovely. We found that the best beach was at Paignton where is was a fully sand beach and dogs were allowed on half the beach.
Overall we had a great holiday and would definitely return to the area!!

• Stayed July 2014
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your review of Riviera Bay, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and made use of the facilities on park. Thank you for your feedback, particularly your comments concerning an adult only session and this is something we shall certainly look at introducing in the future.
We do have a rolling programme for the cleaning of the windows etc, unfortunately being on the top of a cliff side, the seagulls do cause us some frustration.
I do hope as you enjoyed your stay and the area that you will return to us again in the future
Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our first time for this park and we chose very late so were limited to availability. Decided to pay for the best accommodation on the park with the best view, so stayed in one of the lodges over looking the bay.
Interestingly when I checked in, the receptionist immediately said to come back with any problems with our accommodation, and then when she realised we were in a lodge, she said."Oh you'll be fine as you are in a lodge" Having read reviews of the chalets I understood her comments.
I will review the lodge first. For the best part of a thousand pounds,for a week, I would have hoped for touches of luxury. Maybe some place mats, coasters, a means of cleaning the carpets, a pair of scissors and a few more kitchen utensils. A nice patio set, rather than a sad tired old bench set.
On the plus side, great storage, a washer/dryer, massive fridge freezer, microwave, walk in wardrobes in both bedrooms, and two bathrooms. Lovely to sit out and eat over looking the bay in the evening. We found the seagulls entertaining,and I do find it amusing that some folks are surprised by them. (seagulls next to the sea !!!!)
Great aspects of the location and park generally. We left the car in our reserved spot and used the bus service and the Brixham Taxi service. On average it cost £3.50 one way for two of us on the bus or in a taxi. Probably kept them in business all week. We found the best place to shop was in Tesco or the Co-op in Brixham and then taxi back.
Sadly we felt the mini mart on site in need of some serious management as it could be a great place to shop if it had any stock worth buying apart from the odd thing you may have run out of. Good quality fresh food needed surely ? Such an opportunity missed.
My son had a great time using the entertainment facilities and the staff seemed very helpful and friendly. The arcade and take away was great and the vouchers a nice touch.
Overall, I can see why the park gets mixed reviews. We liked it for its location, the staff, the size of it (not too big) and the ease of walking to the complex in a few minutes.
Personally I did n,t use the club, but my son loved the entertainment and the bingo.
To sum up, a lovely holiday in a lovely location, but perhaps we were the lucky ones to have chosen a lodge to stay in.

Room Tip: The lodges are the place to stay. Beautiful views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cebe49
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm pleased that you had an enjoyable time and do hope you will visit us again soon.
bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Riviara Bay end of July 2014...and I must say not much has changed..I last visited about 14 years ago and loved the place great views, great entertainment great accommodation nice clean and tidy...when arriving this time its was great we were let into our accommodation straight away and then the problems started...I was staying in silver plus so was expecting a half decent chalet if was dirty from top to bottom it even had someone's finger nail clipping on the floor it stank of urine and looked very old and dated...first thing we had to do was air the place and give it a clean...not what I should have been doing having just arrived...the rooms were to small but it would do as only for a week...I had to sleep on the sofa bed if you could call it that it had 1 massive problem...if only 1 person sleeps on it your in trouble if you get to close to the edge in your sleep it tips over a few times I fell and banged my head on the table or chair...not what you want in the middle of the night...that was the only problem I really had I loved the site itself great coastal walks great views of St Marys Bay good entertainment nice food and the whole site was clean and tidy...I would come back the kids loved it but Riviara Bay need to sort the chalets out they need a good cleaning and need a total refurb....

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rapson1
Thank you for your comments. It is always important to gain feedback from our guests as this helps us to know what our guests want and and need going forward. I am very sorry that the accommodation was a disappointment for you.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and that we will have the pleasure of seeing you on the park again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brixham
Quayside Hotel
Landscove Holiday Park
Landscove Holiday Park
#5 of 9 in Brixham
Devon Valley Holiday Village

Been to Riviera Bay Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK? Share your experiences!