“Great service but shocking bill. ”
Review of Beamers Restaurant

Beamers Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 108 Restaurants in Brixham
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
“Great service but shocking bill. ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My spouse and I decided to give this lovely little restaurant a go one evening whilst having a holiday near Brixham. The service and food were excellent but when we were presented with the bill we were faced with the unexpected prices of the beverages . A pint of cider and pint of lemonade came to the total of £10.70!!! . Not sure if this was a mistake on their behalf , we never questioned it, but in reality it's sometimes very awkward to question prices of things when you choose to dine in such a good quality venue. If this wasn't a mistake then make sure you check the prices of your drinks before ordering as this was rather a nasty surprise when faced with paying . Other than that , if you're not drinkers, order tap water !.

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Amazing service for coeliacs.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Beamers for dinner whilst on holiday in Brixham. We booked a table the night before and I mentioned that I was coeliac and would they be able to cater for me. Was told this would not be a problem. When we were seated the waitress brought over a basket of bread for my non coeliac husband and daughter then produced a basket of gluten free bread for me. They had made a note on our booking that I was coeliac. This has never happened to me before!! The food was sublime. I would highly recommend this restaurant. A little on the expensive side but well worth it.
Oh and they gave me the remainder of the gluten free bread to bring home. Excellent service. 10/10

London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We went here on the advice of a friend from the area, and were not disappointed. It is upstairs overlooking the harbour with a very tasteful nautical theme. Smart but not overly formal. The food was out of this world. The sauce for the. Monkfish tempura was divine. I had mussels crevettes and scallops in a white wine and cream sauce. So copious I couldn't finish it. Very pleasant staff. Reasonable prices. Probably inaccessible for some due to steps up to first floor.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent fresh fish and service.”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We went here for dinner with our 2 small children and were made to feel very welcome. The food was excellent. We started with the sharing platter of shellfish and followed with the sharing platter of catch of the day. It was delicious - although personally I would prefer plain butter rather than saffron butter. The wine was good. The staff very friendly. Highly recommended. Our best experience in Brixham so far.

“Dont bother!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very expensive. Very rude waitresses. Very slow. The waitress gave filthy looks when we asked how long the food would be. The mussels were still closed and she accused us of lying and went rooting through the shells. We were both unwell. Don't waste your money.

• Visited July 2014