“No such thing as small portions!”
Review of Bacco - CLOSED

Bacco
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: .
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Ate at this nice little Italian restaurant this week for the first time, but it won't be the last! Have had previous experience of the proprietors cuisine when they ran the Avon at Avonwick and always enjoyed it.
Can't believe an earlier poster complained about small portions - this certainly wasn't our experience, in fact had to decline a dessert far too full after started and main.
I ate the prawn and crab tortelloni served with a lobster bisque, delicious, my husband opted for calamari which was perfectly cooked and served with dressed leaves. I followed with a very generous portion of delightful lasagne, hubby had the seafood lingunie, we shared some garlic bread and enjoyed every morsel.
Can't wait to return.

1  Thank Wegetaboutabit.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

This is the best restaurant in Brixham by far. We had a meal at bacco last weekend. It was for of us. We had two seafood pancake, a calamari and a carpaccio as starter and for main two of us had the sole, one had the fillet and one had the veal. We haven't had a meal like that in years. It was all superb and the mains came with vegetables and potatoes which we did not expect. Dessert were to die for and we managed to find a space for it. Will definitely go back again.

1  Thank donna t
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My wife and I had a meal here last week and the food was ok but they are charging premium prices for standard dishes.in total, we had two mains, two starters and a bottle of wine, plus a glass of wine each before our meal, and it came to £74.

The scallops are very small, like to ones you get in asda, they charge about £12 for a small pasta dish and the monk fish main was £24 !!!

I would have given this 3 stars as staff are friendly and the food is not bad but for what we were paying, i was expecting much higher quality.

4  Thank Dominic L
alerter, Owner at Bacco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

With regards to your review. We have studied this & do wonder if due to the inaccuracies in your report if you are actually reviewing the correct premises. You do state that our monkfish is £24, but it is in fact priced at £18.95 on our menu & has never been shown at a higher price. Fellow travellers will be able to check our website, where all of our dishes & prices are clearly displayed. The 'small pasta dish' that you mentioned, well I wonder what that was. The only pasta dish that we sell that is priced at over £10 is a crab linguine, which contains fresh white Brixham hand picked crab meat which is quite a delicacy & sells on the market at £30 per kilo. We charge £12.95 for this dish, which we serve a generous portion of.
I do not know where you were , but it sounds as though for the amount of food & drinks that you say that you consumed , perhaps you had quite a good deal & should not be complaining. These are very average prices for eating out in this area.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

This is one of the best meals out we have eaten in a long time, from start to finish. Four of us had different starters, mains and desserts, and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Service was friendly and efficient and the general atmosphere and ambience was very pleasant. I can thoroughly recommend Bacco as an excellent all round dining experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Italian is my favourite so I may be biased but I absolutely love this restaurant, but book a table in advance or you may be disappointed like we were last Saturday.
Lovely fresh fish dishes with the usual Italian flavours, it's up there with its prices for Brixham, but you get what you pay for, lovely fresh ingredients, fabulous service in a very pleasant atmosphere, will be returning soon.