“Excellent meal great experience”

The Berry Head Hotel
Ranked #43 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had lunch in the bistro, it was really very busy when we arrived we had a drink on the terrace the view was stunning, we stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago for a break and fell in love with the charm of the place so thought we would go on a drive for a day out and have lunch at our favourite hotel and a wonder around Brixham. We have read reports that are awful reviews from people who haven't even eaten here and just commenting on dirty dishes on tables! I like to eat where it's busy and find this to be a good sign, there does tend to be seagulls in ports like Brixham this adds to the visit surely .. Well I had scallops as a starter followed by mussels and my wife had a steak which she said was very tasty, my mussels were great with the big chips and a dip the wine was great as well a really well priced pino for the quality, my wife as driving went for a soft drink and there was a lot of choice with pink lemonade being her choice which she was really happy with. My little one had chicken goujons which she ate her plate clean, they didnt hav fruit shoots but a another juice with no colourings one thing perhaps that may be good for them to stock for children.The service was not stuffy or ott. Both times we have been we have seen management which I think is good as many places you don't see any management around. It's my birthday soon so hoping to visit for a nights stay soon thank you for a great day out

Reviewed 8 October 2013

One of the finest terraces I can think of.
Nothing to moan at here, service efficient and prices not to terrify. Have also run many a course here with good results every time, the occasional 'themed' nights worth a go too.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed morning coffee and cake on the terrace with great views across Torbay and beyond. Great service and good value.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have been visiting Berry Head Hotel to dine, whilst on holiday, for over 30 years. During this time, food and service have varied but it has been consistently good for the last few years. Before we arrived in Brixham, we were disappointed to see so many negative views. However, we decided to eat there and judge for ourselves. We were not disappointed. We ate at the Bonaparte Restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had a really good meal with excellent service. We have now just eaten in The View, brasserie, and had another delicious meal with excellent service. Over the 2 evenings there was nothing at all we could fault and look forward to visiting again next year.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Loved the location, food looked good though didn't eat there. A nice atmosphere all sitting out looking at the sea over to Torquay.