“Over valued and Over rated”

The Berry Head Hotel
Ranked #44 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we were blown away with the setting of the hotel, perched on the cliff edge over looking torquey and only a 5 min walk from brixham centre, if you enjoy a view this is a hotel for you.

However that's where it ends unfortunately, we stayed in sea view room which is Basicly an en-suit box room with a dormer window which doesn't open fully. A bath shower combo operated by taps NOT a pressure shower. The only plus point was the bed, which was very comfatable but at £78!!!! per person!! per night!!! you would expect ALOT more. The other facilities were SHOCKING as the pool was out of order for our entire visit!!

The food was excellent, a large menu with plenty to choose from, but I expected that as the hotel is a free house, so they get alot of business from people not staying at the hotel. The breakfast is good but certain items on the menu, if you choose them, you will get charged extra for on top of your £310 you've already given them for inadequate facilities.

To sum up brixham is a beautiful place and we will both visit again but not at the berry head hotel!!! At the end of the day it's a 3 star hotel and it charges a 5 star price with very inadequate facilities, if we visit, it will be to have some food and not get ripped off by very over inflated prices to stay there!!!!

2  Thank Chris H

Reviewed 23 June 2014

had a meal here with my Wife , did not mind it being a fish special menu day but the fish was not really up to standard maybe they were too busy catering for a wedding going on the same night .

views are lovely and staff friendly ,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had lunch outside on the terrace of the Berry Head hotel and were very impressed. Gorgeous views across the bay from the terrace. There was a wedding also during our visit and we barely had to wait for our meals - impressive service! The scampi was ok but the chips were delicious. The crab linguini was gorgeous, but not so much chilli. There was so much crab and well prepared too.

1  Thank 10,661,981
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Gorgeous views, lovely meat platter, fabulous chips. Wonderful company, friends enjoyed their fish dish

1  Thank Shadylady4
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Excellent from when we arrived to when we left. We had been looking forward to bringing our family who haven't been before and thought that it was a perfect opportunity to do so for a pre Father's Day evening meal. Of course the weather played its part we had drinks on the terrace soaking in the sun the bar staff very all very friendly and the variety of drinks great my favourite being Hendricks gin and my dads real ales and lots of wines to choose from.
We were late sitting to our booked table but this was not an issue, we ate in the bistro which has been updated since we last visited very tastefully, the tables were all spotlessly clean. The choice on the menu as good as always too much to choose from I had mussels cooked classic style and duck for main. Being a large table I expected it to take a whole to serve but it was all very prompt. The staff were friendly professional but what we liked most of all was it was a relaxed sat night not a stuffy restaurant atmosphere which some May like but I find makes me feel awkward. My husband had surf and turf which he said was great it certainly looked it, large shell on prawns on top and my mum being more traditional in choice fish pie the children were all very content with their beef burgers and fish and chips sister and brother in law who are a little particular with what they like being in the industry themselves both had sea bass and were very complimentary. Only a couple of us had room for dessert I had local cheese. All in all a very good re visit, thank you for a lovely evening and keep up the good work we will definitely be back as soon as we can!