Midhurst
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Wulfruna Hotel(Paignton)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bclean bedfriendly and helpful hostsperfect hostswarm welcomeexcellent staymany thanksnothing too much troublebottled waterlocal arealovely ownersa great place to staystay there againpleasant staytea coffeeno hesitation in recommendinglovely couple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

What a splendid guest house with all the charm of service with a smile. We were immediately made welcome and the hospitality just kept on coming. Our room was beautifully decorated with an en suite facility you could actually turn round in. Andrew and Nicola go to every length to make a stay here memorable. You really will miss out if you don't give this hard working couple your patronage. We are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew W, Owner at Midhurst, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us in our home Midhurst. It is such a delight to learn that you found us such a lovely "splendid guest house with all the charm of service with a smile" and we have to say it was equally a pleasure to meet you with such enthusiam to visit Brixham!
looking forward to greeting you soon here at Midhurst bed and breakfast.
Kind regards Andrew 'n' Nicola

Reviewed 14 August 2014

What a delightful find this wonderful B&B was. I could not recommend it more highly. The owners Andy and Nicola immediately made me feel very welcome and I was pleasantly surprised with every aspect of this charming place. The breakfast was first class; the entire accommodation, including the bedroom, well decorated and extremely clean and the Wi-fi worked perfectly, even though I was near the top of the building. Clearly the owners have worked extremely hard to maintain this excellent business and show a genuine enjoyment in what they do and sincere care for each of the guests they have; nothing was to much trouble for them to make sure my stay was the best it could be. I would have no hesitation recommending this B&B to anyone and have already booked my next stay for December. Well done Andy and Nicola, you deserve every success!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Andrew W, Owner at Midhurst, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hello and thank you for taking your time to write your review based upon the experience you had here with us in our home Midhurst. We are so pleased to hear that your Wi-Fi worked perfectly knowing how busy your work schedule may be this is an important service we freely offer. Looking forward to greeting you in December, your "first class breakfast" awaits!
wishing you safe and happy travels. Andy "n" Nicola.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Where to begin with this fabulous b&b? Upon arrival we received a warm greeting, help with the luggage, and an offer of a cool drink on a sunny day. The room we had (room 1) was located on the first floor at the rear of the property with a lovely view of the garden. It was very spacious and the bathroom was huge! In the room we had tea, coffee, biscuits and hot chocolate and in the bathroom lots of toiletries. Breakfast was a choice of, well everything! My daughter, who is a vegetarian, was very well catered for with vegetarian sausages and yoghurt. I believe that if she had asked for something specifically vegetarian Andrew would have got it in especially for her. Also Andrew does the best poached eggs! Help and advice was always available and I have to say that Andrew and Nicola really do go that extra mile for their guests. I believe they should be rated as a five star as they certainly give you a five star experience. You arrive as a guest and leave as a friend and truly what more can I say of these very special b&b owners? I highly recommend you look to stay here should you be visiting the area, it would be your loss not to do so.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the only one we saw but I suspect they are all good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Andrew W, Owner at Midhurst, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

First of all we would like to say a big thank you! So Thank You! It is very kind of you to take your time to write a review of your experience here in our home Midhurst. It is lovely to hear that you found our bed and breakfast "fabulous" We have to say it was a pleasure to have such fabulous guests such as yourselves! and a pleasure to offer vegetarian options that are appreciated by our guests. We look forward to accommodating you both upon a return to "Fish Town" Brixham. kindest regards Andrew "n" Nicola

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed for just 2 nights on a roundtrip touring Cornwall in this year's holidays. The room was very nicely decorated, clean and practical with shower and basin en suite. The toilet was in another room on the corridor, but it was a toilet just for my personal use, not a shared one. This was also very clean. The hosts were great: very welcoming, friendly and helpful. They really love what they're doing an it was very pleasant to have a talk about what to do and where to go in the surroundings. Some more facts: the wifi was working like a charm, the breakfast was great with a lot of options and was freshly cooked and served. My room was facing the main street but even with this I slept with the window open without any problems. Light sleepers might need to keep the window closed during the night. I can really recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Andrew W, Owner at Midhurst, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay here with us in our home Midhurst! here in "Fish Town" Brixham whilst on your holidays across southern England, we are certain that your visit was an enjoyable one and cultural.
We wish you all the best on your future travels around the globe, be sure to drop by and say hi when next passing!
kind regards
Andrew 'n' Nicola

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Lovely to be in such a clean and comfortable room and to experience such a warm welcome. my love of fried banana for breakfast was catered for and we were given a piece of home made cake for the road when we left. Andrew and Nicola really do know the meaning of service. Their friendly manner and attention do detail is much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Andrew W, Owner at Midhurst, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

hello and thank you for taking your time to review Midhurst.
It was a pleasure to meet you and your grand daughter during your stay here in "Fish Town" Brixham! We are so pleased your "love of fried banana for breakfast" went down so well! this was certainly a first for us but not the last!
We look forward to greeting you next time here at Midhurst bed and breakfast.
kindest regards