“light, bright, friendly service,great coffee and wifi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bay Coffee Co.

The Bay Coffee Co.
Ranked #4 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Brixham
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
uk
“light, bright, friendly service,great coffee and wifi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

this is the other bay coffee in the town centre. a nice corner site and a big winner for opening on Sunday mornings. Decent coffee from a good machine, great snacks including pasties and homity pies all served with quiet friendliness. Comfy seating and a paper shop nearby for Sunday reading. We'll be returning!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank cristaki

Cockington
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Indifferent service, grubby tables coffee average cakes stale - I know it was August and you don't have to try too hard when there are hoards of people passing but some of your guests are local and have memeories.

Stoke on Trent
“Nice Location & Shop, But Missing That Special Sparkle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Regular readers of my reviews will know I am a glass full rather than glass empty reviewer, however I just can't bring myself to say the Bay Coffee Co was very good on our recent visit - however I will say that I suspect our visit was a blip.

Bay Coffee is on the quay, and we called in to while away some time whilst waiting for a ferry to Greenway. We ordered a couple of milkshakes and smoothies, and as they had no small cups, the assistant kindly said we could have medium cups and she'd only charge us for small. From this point on however, the whole process seemed to collapse. Whilst the shop was quiet, there were two girls serving behind the counter, and an older man walking around also, who seemed to be in charge. Whilst one girl set about the drinks, we stood and waited. And waited. And waited a bit more, while a few comments were passed back and forth, as you do when preparing orders. After a while, one girl noticed we were still waiting, and so directed us to sit and they'd bring them over. Bizarrely, considering we were sitting in, we were given plastic cups, even though one of the girls behind the counter showed us that she too was drinking a milkshake, but in a glass. I appreciate we had two children with us, but really, I can be trusted with glassware!

The location is nicely decorated, and clean with a selection of tables and chairs and sofas, and is no doubt ideal for people watching, however on this occasion, I just felt the customer service was lacking something. I would ordinarily be happy to return and give it another go, but unfortunately, as we are on holiday here, I will just leave with the thoughts that the Bay Coffee Company are close, but not quite there, to very good service.

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Nice pies.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stopped here for a quick bite to eat. We ordered 2 Homity pies (a mix of potato, onion other veg and paprika) a pasty and cakes.
Although ordered at the same time one of the pies took a good 10 minutes! and was bought out long after the rest of us had finished eating. They must only have 1 small oven!
Having said that they were very tasty and worth the (long) wait.
A great place to sit and watch the world go by.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Robert c
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Honestly, I'm obsessed...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

We have come here on many occasions because for one thing they do lovely teas, coffees and tea cakes (I mean really nice tea cakes) but we just like to people watch.

This cafe is situated on the harbour so has great views and you can sit inside or outside with your dog. They gave Toby a bowl of water as it was very hot! The staff are so friendly and it's lovely in the morning! Thanks for many great morning tea cakes!! Honestly I'm obsessed!