“An excellent birthday lunch”
Review of The Bay Coffee Co.

The Bay Coffee Co.
Ranked #3 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Brixham
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Brixham, United Kingdom
“An excellent birthday lunch”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I had a birthday lunch with family at The Bay Coffee Company. The food supplied was of the highest standard and the service was excellent as always. There is a very relaxed atmosphere in this establishment, the staff are always friendly and nothing is too much trouble. They also sell the most superb ice cream I have ever tasted.

Brixham
“Excellent coffee...”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We live in Brixham and have had coffee in here twice recently and on both occasions were very impressed with the quality of the coffee being served. Pricewise the coffee is excellent value too. The service is very friendly and the quayside location makes it very popular.

uk
“light, bright, friendly service,great coffee and wifi”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

this is the other bay coffee in the town centre. a nice corner site and a big winner for opening on Sunday mornings. Decent coffee from a good machine, great snacks including pasties and homity pies all served with quiet friendliness. Comfy seating and a paper shop nearby for Sunday reading. We'll be returning!

1 Thank cristaki
Cockington
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Indifferent service, grubby tables coffee average cakes stale - I know it was August and you don't have to try too hard when there are hoards of people passing but some of your guests are local and have memeories.

Visited August 2013
Stoke on Trent
“Nice Location & Shop, But Missing That Special Sparkle”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Regular readers of my reviews will know I am a glass full rather than glass empty reviewer, however I just can't bring myself to say the Bay Coffee Co was very good on our recent visit - however I will say that I suspect our visit was a blip.

Bay Coffee is on the quay, and we called in to while away some time whilst waiting for a ferry to Greenway. We ordered a couple of milkshakes and smoothies, and as they had no small cups, the assistant kindly said we could have medium cups and she'd only charge us for small. From this point on however, the whole process seemed to collapse. Whilst the shop was quiet, there were two girls serving behind the counter, and an older man walking around also, who seemed to be in charge. Whilst one girl set about the drinks, we stood and waited. And waited. And waited a bit more, while a few comments were passed back and forth, as you do when preparing orders. After a while, one girl noticed we were still waiting, and so directed us to sit and they'd bring them over. Bizarrely, considering we were sitting in, we were given plastic cups, even though one of the girls behind the counter showed us that she too was drinking a milkshake, but in a glass. I appreciate we had two children with us, but really, I can be trusted with glassware!

The location is nicely decorated, and clean with a selection of tables and chairs and sofas, and is no doubt ideal for people watching, however on this occasion, I just felt the customer service was lacking something. I would ordinarily be happy to return and give it another go, but unfortunately, as we are on holiday here, I will just leave with the thoughts that the Bay Coffee Company are close, but not quite there, to very good service.

Visited August 2013