“Like sardines in a tin!”

Rio Fish Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 110 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: British
Description: Http://www.brixham.com/eating-out/rio-fish-restaurant
Description: Http://www.brixham.com/eating-out/rio-fish-restaurant
Broadway, United Kingdom
“Like sardines in a tin!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my family approached this restaurant because it looked welcoming and was well decorated on the outside, we decided to eat in the restaurant although their is a take away option. Although the restaurant looks large on the outside and boasts 'waitress service' when we walked in we were lucky to find a table let alone be greeted by a waitess. If you have a party larger than 4 you will struggle to find a seat here, tables are badly set out and it can get very squished. After a long wait a waitress came over to take our order although didn't utter a word to us the whole time apart from to ask us if I wanted chips with my meal. I ordered the chicken steak burger and my parents regular fish and chips. The food is average and just a little overpriced so overally I wasn't hugely impressed.

Visited August 2014
8 Thank Steph A

“Overpriced, rude staff, faulty advertising”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Really disappointed after adverts claiming it was the best fish and chips in town. Whilst the food was ok the service was terrible. Whenever you were able to grab a waitress they were rude and full of attitude, and the overall atmosphere was cold. I ordered a milkshake to accompany my meal as it was advertised as thick and delicious...It was neither coming out as frothed up semi skimmed milk with some powdered milkshake mix in the bottom with no flavour. For the price I expected a higher quality of both food and service, I was left wanting to run out the door however it would take 10 minutes to get the bill for my half eaten meal. Perhaps a staff change would bring this place back to life as the decor is so fun and has so much potential

• Visited July 2014
8 Thank Heatherrachael
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Good Fish”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We received a friendly welcome when we arrive with out two grandsons and their crabbing tackle, for lunch. We ordered fish, chips & peas from the children's menu and medium cod & chips for ourselves. The fish was great, the chips a little under done. The boys received a present of a lollypop each from our genial host for eating all their fish.

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Average food,rude staff”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Average fish and chips but there is far better to be found in Torbay. However the attitude of the staff leaves much to be desired, rude, abrupt and just interested in getting your money in their till!
The place is trying to live on its reputation of being featured on TV!
I would not use again and cannot recommend.

Visited July 2014
9 Thank mediclondon
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A tad pricey but well worth it! Fish was cooked to order as well as delicious. Everything looked spotless. The staff are very pleasant & the restaurant is very quirky! We will definitely be visiting again in the future!

Visited June 2014