“Nice food but tiny inside.”

Rio Fish Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 110 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: British
Description: Http://www.brixham.com/eating-out/rio-fish-restaurant
Description: Http://www.brixham.com/eating-out/rio-fish-restaurant
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had fish and chips twice and chicken burger with drinks for 23 pounds the service was quite slow and if you were a large family you would not have been able to sit together and even though I enjoyed the food I felt I was very squashed.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

No reason than going in this chip shop other than we were hungry for lunch. First impressions were clean and well kept. Nice decor throughout but, quite honestly not enough room. Found a table for the three of us and straight away a waitress gave us our cutlery. After choosing our food, Fish and Chips twice and Chicken Burger it took around 20 minutes for it wad served. The meal was ok, average the fish seemed nice and fresh. All in all the staff were pleasant enough perhaps could have been more helpful (no one asked about sides eg.bread and butter, mushy peas etc.) and if their are more than four of you that want to eat at the same table forget it there's just not the room.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Me and my family approached this restaurant because it looked welcoming and was well decorated on the outside, we decided to eat in the restaurant although their is a take away option. Although the restaurant looks large on the outside and boasts 'waitress service' when we walked in we were lucky to find a table let alone be greeted by a waitess. If you have a party larger than 4 you will struggle to find a seat here, tables are badly set out and it can get very squished. After a long wait a waitress came over to take our order although didn't utter a word to us the whole time apart from to ask us if I wanted chips with my meal. I ordered the chicken steak burger and my parents regular fish and chips. The food is average and just a little overpriced so overally I wasn't hugely impressed.

8  Thank Steph A
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Really disappointed after adverts claiming it was the best fish and chips in town. Whilst the food was ok the service was terrible. Whenever you were able to grab a waitress they were rude and full of attitude, and the overall atmosphere was cold. I ordered a milkshake to accompany my meal as it was advertised as thick and delicious...It was neither coming out as frothed up semi skimmed milk with some powdered milkshake mix in the bottom with no flavour. For the price I expected a higher quality of both food and service, I was left wanting to run out the door however it would take 10 minutes to get the bill for my half eaten meal. Perhaps a staff change would bring this place back to life as the decor is so fun and has so much potential

8  Thank Heatherrachael
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We received a friendly welcome when we arrive with out two grandsons and their crabbing tackle, for lunch. We ordered fish, chips & peas from the children's menu and medium cod & chips for ourselves. The fish was great, the chips a little under done. The boys received a present of a lollypop each from our genial host for eating all their fish.