“A fishy tail nearly left me in deep water !”

Rio Fish Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 108 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: British
Description: Http://www.brixham.com/eating-out/rio-fish-restaurant
Description: Http://www.brixham.com/eating-out/rio-fish-restaurant
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A fishy tail nearly left me in deep water !”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I had bought a portion of chips to eat on the harbor earlier in our stay and they were very good so I was keen to back.
we ordered the haddock and chips with bread and butter. The service was good and our meals arrived quickly.
I had eaten a bit of fish when I found a very large bone, I went steady but found another which became stuck in my throat. This was just happening when the owner came to see if our meals were ok. I believe he was genuinely concerned, he went to get me a glass of water and advised me to eat the bread to try to move it down.
I was put off my lunch and could not eat it, my little boy was also put off and I was relived he left it. The owner kept insisting there should be no bones in the haddock and when I presented him with the 2 I had found he wondered off muttering and I think because he was confident I was not going to expire in his cafe he hid in the back, we never saw him again.
I expected a reduction in our bill but this did not happen, he did not charge for the glass of water though !
This was an unfortunate incident and a bit of bad luck after all fish has bones in it, but it turned out a very expensive bag of chips.

• Visited August 2014
6 Thank salamandaj1

Devon
“Awful”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Visited in July would never return, I ordered skate which had more batter than fish on it. I complained to staff who argued with me and basically couldn't care less. Eventually they refunded me less than half of the cost of the meal. There are much better places to eat in brixham, avoid this place.

10 Thank Noo7
“Good Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Visited with my wife and 3 children. Service was courteous and prompt. The fish and chips were fantastic and the cod was beautifully cooked. The owners came out and had a quick chat too and asked if we were enjoying out holiday etc.... Which was a nice touch. We have visited Brixham on numerous occasions and this place has never failed to deliver on either service or quality of food.

Broadway, United Kingdom
“Nice food but tiny inside.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had fish and chips twice and chicken burger with drinks for 23 pounds the service was quite slow and if you were a large family you would not have been able to sit together and even though I enjoyed the food I felt I was very squashed.

• Visited July 2014
Broadway, United Kingdom
“Tasty enough.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

No reason than going in this chip shop other than we were hungry for lunch. First impressions were clean and well kept. Nice decor throughout but, quite honestly not enough room. Found a table for the three of us and straight away a waitress gave us our cutlery. After choosing our food, Fish and Chips twice and Chicken Burger it took around 20 minutes for it wad served. The meal was ok, average the fish seemed nice and fresh. All in all the staff were pleasant enough perhaps could have been more helpful (no one asked about sides eg.bread and butter, mushy peas etc.) and if their are more than four of you that want to eat at the same table forget it there's just not the room.

Visited August 2014