Churston Court Hotel(Churston Ferrers)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$98
US$96
Hotels.com
  • Free Breakfast
Quayside Hotel(Brixham)
US$139
The Weary Ploughman Inn(Churston Ferrers)
US$97
Driftwood B&B(Brixham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsnigel amandabay view roomstunning harbour viewsexcellent reviewsfresh milkhomemade jamshigh standardwarm welcomegreat hostsgreat showerbreakfast roombrixham harbourevery morningoff road parkingstayed for two nightsfantastic staylittle touches
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at Beacon House for the weekend whilst attending a sailing rally at Brixham Yacht Club. This was the second time we have stayed with Nigel and Amanda and once again, everything was perfect. The place is spotless, bed linen and towels are good quality and the breakfasts are out of this world - you can help yourself to a variety of fruit and compotes and follow it up with a healthy (or unhealthy if you prefer!) cooked course. Nigel seems to know everyone in Brixham and can arrange just about anything to keep you entertained during your holiday. We will certainly be back next year and would bring fellow boat crews if only there were more twin bedrooms. As it is, we will shamelessly elbow our way to the front of the queue to book in before anyone else can beat us to it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nigel M, Owner at Beacon House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Valerie, what can I say except perhaps this may be the "perfect review" , so thank you very much for your kind words, they are much appreciated. Really really sorry we are already booked up for your regatta next year, but hopefully you may fancy a short break in Brixham anyway. Good luck with the rest of the "season", take care, Amanda & Nigel

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I loved Beacon House from the moment I arrived. The breathtaking views, the friendly welcome and the high quality of the rooms. Parking is a big bonus too in Brixham! It isn’t always easy traveling solo but I felt at ease straight away and enjoyed every minute of my 5 night stay.
The breakfasts are superb, I can truthfully say I’ve never had better. All freshly cooked to perfection, I started each day with the beautiful fruit salads, a far superior selection to any hotel I’ve stayed in. Then we come to the main course, I was spoiled for choice! I did mean to have fish on at least one morning but I found myself choosing Amanda’s ‘light’ which changed daily. Not forgetting Nigel’s front of house of course, which was as excellent as Amanda’s breakfasts! A cheerful start to every day! Nigel was very helpful on the area, from places to visit, the bus timetable, maps for local walks best local beaches, and of course restaurants. A lot of thought has gone into Beacon House making it a very special place. I have already booked my return visit in August!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank molyneux66
Nigel M, Owner at Beacon House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi molyneux66, what an amazing review you have posted, thank you very much from both of us. We seem to have ticked the boxes with you......................in fact to the degree that you've already booked again. Nice to see that you've mentioned "front of house" as as you are no doubt aware its usually the chefs who get all the praise and our humble jobs are overlooked LOL :-)
Look forward to seeing you both in a few weeks time and I will of course ensure you have a cheerful start to the day :-)

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Another wonderful holiday thanks to Amanda & Nigel! Staying at Beacon House lets you experience what real and friendly English hospitality means! And Amanda‘s Full Beacon Breakfast served by Nigel in his unique way: splendid!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Hello genham 2018, what a "splendid" review from a "splendid" guest. I think you already know how much we look forward to seeing you and enjoy your company. Hope you had a safe journey back to Germany and hopefully we will see you again soon. Take care Amanda & Nigel

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We can't recommend Beacon House B & B highly enough. Nigel & Amanda are both extremely welcoming, warm & friendly. Our room was perfect, attention to detail, beautiful decor,comfortable bed & some of the little extras (hunt the chocolates) enhanced our stay. We must mention the wonderful breakfast, such a choice with Amanda's 'special light' option changed daily. The view over Brixham from Beacon House is incredible. It's the perfect spot for a relaxing break. We're already looking forward to our return visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nigel M, Owner at Beacon House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

And just as importantly "Whelton1" we are looking forward to your return too! Always nice when guests appreciate all those little extras that I put on ...........oops I mean Amanda of course :-)
I will pass on your comments to amanda re her "wonderful" breakfasts including of course her light options. Keep healthy both of you and hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Beacon House is fabulous. Amanda and Nigel are the perfect hosts and the house and accommodation are stunning. The breakfasts are delicious, thank you Amanda.
I can't imagine that there is a better view anywhere in Brixham.
If you are looking for the perfect place to stay and enjoy beautiful Brixham, this is it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Hi Jane, Thank you very much for your "Fabulous" review, its very much appreciated. Great to think that feel that Beacon House is the perfect place to stay and yes Brixham is just as importantly a "beautiful2 place to stay. Take care to you both, Amanda & Nigel