“visit”
Review of Strand Art Gallery

Strand Art Gallery
Ranked #10 of 29 things to do in Brixham
Reviewed 19 October 2013

watch the artists working, they all speak to you and want to help even if you are not wanting to buy anything

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I visited the strand art gallery last Saturday (14th of sept), which is situated on the harbourside. I was pleasantly surprised at just how big it is . the gallery mainly showcases work by local artists, and I was totally spoilt for choice. the quality of their work is outstanding. I ended up spending a little bit more than I had anticipated, but that was because I fell in love with more than one picture. the young lady who was working there that day was most helpful, nothing was too much bother, showing me the pictures that I liked in different tones of light, so I could get a feel for how they would look at home. having parted with my money, I explained that the pictures would have to survive a 265 mile drive back home and would need to be wrapped well. no problem. the pictures were given several layers of protection of bubble wrap and cardboard, and finished off with a very nifty little carrying handle. even frank spencer couldn't break these.
next time you're in brixham, this gallery is well worth a visit.