“Shalln't be rushing back”

Carolines Kitchen at Churston Farm Shop
Ranked #71 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant and decided to give it a go for Sunday lunch. We had the two courses for £7.95.
What really let this place down was the service or rather lack of it. The waitresses didn't greet me in any way when I went to the till to place my order: I had to wait for one to finish doing something before she took my order with no word of apology or anything. The order was taken without a smile or any friendly gesture.
The meal itself was Ok - my husband enjoyed his soup; the pork was sliced very thinly as though it had come presliced? - the veg was nice; my bread and butter pudding was very poor - don't have it!

1  Thank Tricia0763

Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

We visited Caroline's Kitchen just after Christmas for Sunday Lunch. This was our first visit and honestly we were let down by the food and atmosphere ... If you like reheated Sunday lunch then this may appeal to some. The Lunch is over priced for what it is; although it comes with desert included, you can pay the same price for a traditional, home-cooked roast dinner in a more inviting place. The girls were friendly and when ordering desert I asked if the treacle tart was served with custard. The waitress said it can come with custard, but, did not inform me it was an extra charge. I was shocked to see when the deserts finally arrived (separately!) that there was a bill for £1.10 for a small jug of custard! When I kindly asked the manager about the extra charge she became very defensive. Our experience of Caroline's Kitchen will not make us visit again anytime soon!

1  Thank Mrs_Rawling
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Been several times, never have anything to complain about. The farmers breakfast is top quality. Go at lunch time and have a hot pork bap. Lovely :-)

1  Thank Neil B
Reviewed 6 November 2012

It was my friends special birthday so I treated her to lunch at Carolines Kitchen. It was the first day of their Christmas menu season, so we thought why not. There was the option of two courses or three. My friend had deep fried camembert to start which came with a side salad and onion marmalade, she said it was the best she'd ever had. I had the spider crab and lobster timbale with salad and dill dressing. We both had the turkey dinner which came with fresh vegetables, and perfect roasties. The staff are very pleasant and friendly, and even the boss was checking that everything was o.k. All in all it was an excellent lunch, and no doubt we'll be going there again soon.

1  Thank Griffin10Brixham