“Warm welcome and delicious food”
Review of Ayur

Ayur
Ranked #11 of 117 Restaurants in Brixham
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Here we have other fish to fry!
Reviewed 28 October 2018

Third time we have visited and again had a great meal. Lesley and Anish are clearly very knowledgeable. Veggie dosah to start with then we both had a rich and complex beef Malabar curry. Yum!

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Amazingly tasty authentic South Indian food. Don't expect fast food, don't expect the average British curry experience, relax, enjoy and savour the flavour!
Another brilliant evening at Ayur; beautiful food and great service, thanks Lesley and Anish.

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Definitely not what I expected in Brixham. A real taste of Kerala cuisine. We went for the recommended bhajis for starter and were blown away - clearly made to order and simply delicious. Also I had the fish curry made with hake that was delicious - just the right amount of spice! You are missing out if you don’t include Ayur in your restaurant visits whilst staying in Brixham.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

If you are looking for something different in beautiful Brixham then you have to go here.
Don't expect formula Indian dishes. Thankfully you'll not find any.

This restaurant offers true homely Kerala food, comparable to any I enjoyed in the chefs homeland. I could have eaten the whole menu, which isn't long but there is ample to chose from including fish and vegetarian and vegan options.

Service is excellent, friendly and personal and nothing was too much.

What can I say I'll be coming back every time I visit the area. Highly recommend

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

My partner suggested this restaurant based on the TripAdviser reviews, and to be honest I was a bit reluctant about going for a curry. However it was the best curry I’ve ever had, and I can’t rate it enough.

Whilst I like a curry, in most cases the staff have little or no genuine interest in you as a customer, and although the food maybe tasty its always salty, coloured and feels very British...

We were welcomed into Ayur by a local lady from Torbay who was friendly through the evening and, because the evening was quiet, she was joined later by her partner (the chef) who was equally charming. The food throughout the evening looked and tasted amazing, was obviously cooked to order, and wasn’t too spicy with vegetarian options available. It was definitely the best curry I’ve had.

Ayur isn’t like any other curry house I’ve been to, so if you’ve been put off in the past by the traditional British curry, can I suggest you give this place a try.

Date of visit: August 2018