“The best cuppa tea (and Gluten Free cake) for miles around!”

The West Country Deli
Ranked #24 of 110 Restaurants in Brixham
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The whole place is simply and deliciously inviting... From the decor to the sumptuous array of tempting deli treats to the ever smily owners, Jo and Mark and their fabulous assortment of wooden wares. I will return again and again (and not only for the cake!) Well worth taking the whole family, or just popping in for quick cuppa with friends (or on your own - you won't feel like you are!) However and whatever you go here for - you won't be disappointed! Love it!

1  Thank CoralieWinter2013
There are newer reviews for The West Country Deli

Reviewed 12 November 2013

we held a baby shower for my sister-in-law on 11th November and requested afternoon tea for a party of five. we could not have been happier with the food and the service. freshly made sandwiches, scones the size of my fist, a lovely selection of cakes, and a (highly recommended) gingerbread latte to wash it down. although our party had no special dietary requirements, our selection of cakes included wheat and gluten free, which was a thoughtful touch. the two members of staff were attentive but in no way intrusive, and we were made very welcome. a lovely spot to people watch and enjoy a lovely afternoon tea. we will be back!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

called in today with my partner, ordered a tea for 1 a hot choc and 2 lots of toasted tea cakes,
totally empty in shop , sat down in a front window table looked at the sparse unappealing menu,
as my partner ordered I gazed up at all the missing ceiling tiles above me and thought ,I really don't want to be here,
anyway the 2 miserable under worked staff rallied round to prepare the order,
well it came , 1 tea ,1 hot choc (in cups you cant put your finger in handle) so I chose to burn my finger on the rim , needn't have worried ,it wasn't that hot, and behold the luke warm tea cakes with frozen butter, as my partner tried to scrub the hard butter into the soft bread I asked the staff how was I suppose to spread the butter , , oh , placed the butter in between the 2 slices was the reply , well I looked at my now cold tea cakes and the mess my partner had made of her attempt and thought no, no I wasn't going to go through the heart ache of destroying 2 perfectly round tea cakes , instead I asked for them to be taken away for a proper burial,
too be honest I was expecting a refund on food I was unable to eat ,but sadly it wasn't to be , well we all vote with our feet and pocket , you my gather I will not recommend the place to anyone , a scruffy over priced 2 dime café with tardy staff, stay clear or spend at your peril

2  Thank wayne205
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We chanced on the West Country Deli when visiting Brixham (17/10/13) and enjoyed an afternoon tea in the sunshine at the tables outside. It's a lovely shop with quality produce and a warm and friendly welcome. We enjoyed a pot of tea, a delicious cake and a slice of blue stilton. All excellent.
Well worth a visit for afternoon tea. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely place to pop into for lunch. We shared a delicious cheese platter with olives and balsamic onions. Very friendly and attentive service.