“Lovely people”

Ranked #23 of 103 Restaurants in Brixham
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Delicatessen
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely people”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We called in here for an afternoon cuppa. The place is bright and very welcoming. As well as a café it is a deli selling some really different foods.
The staff were really lovely and wanted to provide you with a good experience in their deli.
Although we only went in for a drink I was tempted to buy a very interesting packet of bacon and maple syrup popcorn. Very unusual but very nice (they also had a cheese flavour, next time maybe). With your drinks you also get an Amoretti biscuit. Clever marketing as I couldn't leave until I had bought some to take home.
I really want to support local cafe's and not use the bland chains with robot staff. The West Country Deli proves me right to do this with good clean facilities, excellent choice and lovely staff. I hope you can carry on providing this service for a very long time. See you in October.

• Visited February 2014

leeds
“famtastic”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

first time, visit. lovely décor, service was good, and welcoming. the soup was good. plenty of other things to buy in the shop. cup of tea was good. well worth a visit.

• Visited February 2014
Brixham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best cuppa tea (and Gluten Free cake) for miles around!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The whole place is simply and deliciously inviting... From the decor to the sumptuous array of tempting deli treats to the ever smily owners, Jo and Mark and their fabulous assortment of wooden wares. I will return again and again (and not only for the cake!) Well worth taking the whole family, or just popping in for quick cuppa with friends (or on your own - you won't feel like you are!) However and whatever you go here for - you won't be disappointed! Love it!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank CoralieWinter2013
brixham
“fantastic!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

we held a baby shower for my sister-in-law on 11th November and requested afternoon tea for a party of five. we could not have been happier with the food and the service. freshly made sandwiches, scones the size of my fist, a lovely selection of cakes, and a (highly recommended) gingerbread latte to wash it down. although our party had no special dietary requirements, our selection of cakes included wheat and gluten free, which was a thoughtful touch. the two members of staff were attentive but in no way intrusive, and we were made very welcome. a lovely spot to people watch and enjoy a lovely afternoon tea. we will be back!

• Visited November 2013
Paignton, United Kingdom
“never again”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

called in today with my partner, ordered a tea for 1 a hot choc and 2 lots of toasted tea cakes,
totally empty in shop , sat down in a front window table looked at the sparse unappealing menu,
as my partner ordered I gazed up at all the missing ceiling tiles above me and thought ,I really don't want to be here,
anyway the 2 miserable under worked staff rallied round to prepare the order,
well it came , 1 tea ,1 hot choc (in cups you cant put your finger in handle) so I chose to burn my finger on the rim , needn't have worried ,it wasn't that hot, and behold the luke warm tea cakes with frozen butter, as my partner tried to scrub the hard butter into the soft bread I asked the staff how was I suppose to spread the butter , , oh , placed the butter in between the 2 slices was the reply , well I looked at my now cold tea cakes and the mess my partner had made of her attempt and thought no, no I wasn't going to go through the heart ache of destroying 2 perfectly round tea cakes , instead I asked for them to be taken away for a proper burial,
too be honest I was expecting a refund on food I was unable to eat ,but sadly it wasn't to be , well we all vote with our feet and pocket , you my gather I will not recommend the place to anyone , a scruffy over priced 2 dime café with tardy staff, stay clear or spend at your peril

• Visited November 2013