“#smileyhappycoffeeplace.”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Popped in to escape the rain, excellent coffee and good service. My wife liked the look of the gift & deli range. Which worries me!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We called in here for an afternoon cuppa. The place is bright and very welcoming. As well as a café it is a deli selling some really different foods.
The staff were really lovely and wanted to provide you with a good experience in their deli.
Although we only went in for a drink I was tempted to buy a very interesting packet of bacon and maple syrup popcorn. Very unusual but very nice (they also had a cheese flavour, next time maybe). With your drinks you also get an Amoretti biscuit. Clever marketing as I couldn't leave until I had bought some to take home.
I really want to support local cafe's and not use the bland chains with robot staff. The West Country Deli proves me right to do this with good clean facilities, excellent choice and lovely staff. I hope you can carry on providing this service for a very long time. See you in October.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

first time, visit. lovely décor, service was good, and welcoming. the soup was good. plenty of other things to buy in the shop. cup of tea was good. well worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The whole place is simply and deliciously inviting... From the decor to the sumptuous array of tempting deli treats to the ever smily owners, Jo and Mark and their fabulous assortment of wooden wares. I will return again and again (and not only for the cake!) Well worth taking the whole family, or just popping in for quick cuppa with friends (or on your own - you won't feel like you are!) However and whatever you go here for - you won't be disappointed! Love it!

1  Thank CoralieWinter2013
Reviewed 12 November 2013

we held a baby shower for my sister-in-law on 11th November and requested afternoon tea for a party of five. we could not have been happier with the food and the service. freshly made sandwiches, scones the size of my fist, a lovely selection of cakes, and a (highly recommended) gingerbread latte to wash it down. although our party had no special dietary requirements, our selection of cakes included wheat and gluten free, which was a thoughtful touch. the two members of staff were attentive but in no way intrusive, and we were made very welcome. a lovely spot to people watch and enjoy a lovely afternoon tea. we will be back!