All reviewsdevon courtground floorberry headalready booked for next yearminute walkbed linenbrixham harbouramazing viewsshort breakflatsearlbreakwaterbalconywifielectricityfurniturecornwall
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Fantastic, smashing views. We have had 4 weeks at Devoncourt this year and enjoyed everyone of them. The flats are very good with everything one would want for a holiday. We both infirm so it was lovely to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by. We have booked for next year when I gather there will be Sky TV. One last thing I cannot thank Earl enough for all the help he gave us in moving us in and helping us out, thank you Earl

Room Tip: They are all very good
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Gerald F
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed for a week this September and have been coming here for about ten years. The best most relaxing views you can get. Always a good welcome from Earl who can sort any problems. Noticed a lot more good restaurants in Brixham this time around but the best one is the Breakwater just 100yards from Devoncourt! Best advice is to give them both a try.
There is plenty of parking for residents, often a problem elsewhere, and a bus stop within 50 yards. You can also walk along the front from the Breakwater passing the Lifeboat and the Marina and into Brixham. Ideal all-round.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Peter N
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Ican only say 2 positive things about this flat, the view is fantastic and we were given a full refund.. The apartment smelt as we entered, this was despite the fact the balcony door and all other windows had been left open . The bathroom was dirty, it did not look like it had been cleaned behind the toilet or around the window for weeks. The bath needed cleaning and the toilet still had urine marks on the seat. The carpet on the bathroom floor and side of the bath was dirty and smelt. The dirt on the cooker was covered up with foil. . The curtains in the bedroom had seen better days and were all fraid.The sofa was worn and had a number of holes in it, the front door could not open properly and the kettle was broken.
We had been due to stay for 2 nights in flat 21 on the 1st floor and had paid £160 including linen and booking fee.
We attempted to find somebody to talk with on our first night to ask to be moved but the office was closed so sent an email expressing our concern, we had no response. We stayed for 1 night and we both decided we could not face to stay another night. . We again went to the office but it is closed on sundays, we found a gentleman hoovering outside of the office, however before we finished introductions he said " I cant help you", put the hoover away and left. We attempted to contact the caretaker as the note on the office board advised to contact them for assistance, we left 2 messages and got no reponse.. We then tried to contact Robin, who I believe is the complex manager, his phone was engaged on the first 2 attempts, he agreed to meet us at the flat within the hour when we were able to make contact.
Robin met us at the flat with his camera, howevr he appeared to know what was coming and had already refunded the full price of the flat and after having a look around the flat and agreeing with our concerns handed me the recipt for the full refund.

Room Tip: I believe that some flats may be privately owned and in better condition according to other trip advisor reviews. However Flat 21 is not suitable for rental in its current state
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tracey66_13
Robin H, General Manager at DevonCourt Sea View Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

I apologised to you for our shortcoming and accepted that I had done wrong so we gave you a full refund. You changed your date a couple of times and somehow I did not update the cleaners cleaning chart. totally my fault. I first thought it was the cleaner, but no it was my mistake, so the apartment had not been cleaned. Very Very sorry.
We have now upgraded this apartment with new furniture, new curtains, a new shower cubical and new beds.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We have just spent a wonderful week at flat 10 Devoncourt that is two adults and two children.
We have stayed at Devoncourt several times over the years and it was becoming to look slightly dated in the last visit. How wonderfully pleased we were to see such a marvellous improvement on this visit, there was much better access to the flats themselves with new individual access stairs to each flat. The flats themselves have had the bedroom extended to give much more room and a much more pleasant feel to them. The kitchen area has been modernised giving better access and more storage space.
The main selling point has and always will be the view from the balcony which is marvellous and no picture does it any justice (I have posted pictures previously of the view).
All in all a well modernised unit, well done to the management and we will be coming to stay again.
I understand that the front of the flats may be modernised next year which would be the cherry on the cake for us.

Room Tip: A flat closer to the management office will get better WiFi reception.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Prince-of-all-men
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Fantastic amazing views both Malcolm and Ian who run things excellently I may add we had flat no 8 on the ground floor on the front nothing too much trouble very clean and lovely furniture etc we will return hopefully in September good place to eat the prince William near the marina good car very too. First time at devoncourt Malcolm and Ian do a good job running things we came as guests and left as friends views are stunning especially the sunsets at night the best views in Torbay can't wait to go again everything there for you kitchen wise tv and free wifi beds are very comfortable we hired the bedding wich was reasonable need I say more

Room Tip: Any where on the front you are guaranteed a fantastic view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family