Review Highlights
Fabulous sailing experience

Can’t recommend this enough. A friend and I joined 8 others on a trip to, and around, the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
victoria g
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Go for it!

Pilgrim of Brixham is 125yr old trawler now a charity supported heritage boat taking punters on... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
naomigO6134LB

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews sailing experience south coast of cornwall dolphin sightings great sailing crew members bread pudding red arrows day trip great company beautiful boat fantastic days brilliant experience below deck falmouth sails isles ropes
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2019 via mobile

Great experience, two days aboard
Lovely crew and volunteers
You will be well looked after , made to feel at home straight away.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 4 May 2019 via mobile

I went down to Brixham in late April for a four day trip sailing around the Devon coast on Pilgrim. At 65 this was my first solo holiday and I was a little apprehensive. I was made to feel so welcome by the skipper, Richard, mate, Julie and the three volunteers, Tanya, Bob and Bruce. Sharing accomodation with the other four guests, dining and working together on hoisting sails and taking the helm quickly made me feel part of a team and I couldn't have asked to meet a better bunch of people. We had some rough weather the first day which for me only made the sailing more enjoyable. Having had no previous experience - unless you count the Norfolk Broads - I am now hooked on sailing and planning a longer trip to St Kilda and the Hebrides. I can thoroughly recommend a trip on Pilgrim especially for the solo traveller. The food was great too.

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Christhebirder
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

I returned yesterday the 28th April 2019 from three days on Pilgrim, sailing around the South Coast of Devon from her base in Brixham. From Captain Richard, to Bosun /Mate /Chef Julie and crew Bob, Bruce and Tanya we were all treated as good friends while we were shown the intricacies of sailing an old girl like Pilgrim. With myriads of sheets, halyards and other lines to negotiate, if you wished, us guests had a fabulous time, and then of course there was the food, very tasty, very plentiful, and very everything!! So, if you want a great time on a great boat, with great crew, look no further than Pilgrim.... PS, This comment is unsolicited.... and I'm not being paid for it either!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank tsabalok
BrixhamThreebs, Director, sailing at Pilgrim, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2019

Thank you for your comments. The crew will be delighted that you enjoyed your time aboard. Welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 13 February 2019

A very interesting day out in less than ideal weather with a sea running against us and preventing us taking the route to Dartmouth. An appetite created for lunch by being hands on to the rigging and ropes and I was glad I took my sailing clothes with me. Allows one to reflect on the C19th trawlermen's lives in a genuine way.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank BarryM1413
BrixhamThreebs, Director of Sailing at Pilgrim, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2019

Thank you! We are delighted that you enjoyed your short adventure on Pilgrim. We agree it must have been a very tough life as a fisherman. We hope you will come again and bring some better sailing weather!

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We booked our day sailing at short notice, and were really glad that we did. It waa a lovely way to spend some time. Even when there wasn't a whole lot of wind.

During the day ww got to have a go at hoisting the sails, tacking and stearing.

The food was pretty tastey and we werw made to feel very welcome by the crew.

It is well worth the money.

Date of experience: October 2018