Open today: 12:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
#MondayMadness

Fantastic and very friendly little pub. Excellent range of ales - visit on a Monday for " Monday... read more

Reviewed 2 November 2018
arlingtoncourt17
Brixham, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great pub

I visited this pub having read the reports and it didn't disappoint. Great staff and a welcoming... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2018
NeilP29
via mobile

All reviews sunday lunch proper pub real ale welcoming pub bar maid community pub visit brixham town centre landlord camra pubs gins chips climb dog
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We now do not go to any pub apart from here when we visit Brixham, locals really friendly, Chris and his staff are so nice, food is excellent, food is every Monday, (the wife made me stay an extra night just so we could have the lasagne), was well worth it though, thanks Chris and your staff for yet another old fashioned warm welcome, see you soon.

Date of experience: March 2018
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your great comments look forward to seeing you next time you are here

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I visit Brixham three or four times a year. I love the place. I often stay in an apartment in nearby Linden Court with its lovely elevated view of the harbour & out to sea. This great pub on the corner is literally a stones throw away opposite where the old railway station used to be before Dr Beeching cut a swathe through regional branch lines in the early 1960’s. So this venue is approximately a ten minute walk from the harbour & town centre but well worth the visit especially if you are a real ale drinker (although there is an equally good range of Lager & other beers as well). It has a great selection of local & guest beers, I actually drank London Pride on my last visit which I ironically struggle to find near my own home in London. The pricing is also very good. Cheaper than the pubs in the town centre & around the harbour and one ale is always at a special low price.
The food menu isn’t extensive and not all Day but it’s good fair at a good price & sometimes with a drink included. Check out Sunday roasts & Monday night specials. There is also a quiz night. Although the clientele tend to be mainly locals I always feel very welcome here and it’s not difficult to see why they’ve notched up a few CAMRA awards!

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review.
Glad you enjoyed our humble backstreet boozer
Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Go here a couple of times whenever we come down to Brixham, which is usually once a month. We decided to try the food last night which was chilli con carne. How on earth they manage to charge £5.95 for an excellent meal and a pint of superb ale, I don't know. It really is tremendous value.
This is a proper pub, just as I remember pubs when I was growing up. The staff are great and the ales must be the best kept I have ever tasted. Keep up the good work!

Date of experience: February 2018
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review I’m really pleased you enjoyed our humble offerings.
Thanks again

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We'd heard that this was a great real ale pub so headed up the back streets to find it and we were not disappointed, We even returned 2 days later> Thank you to Chris the landlord for putting up with our fussy ways. :)

Date of experience: February 2018

It was our pleasure
Thanks for the great review

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We stay in Brixham a lot and each time we stay we check out what’s going on and try a new pub. Last night was the Queens Arms. A nice walk up the hill along back streets, so nearly all locals and not tourists. The live band were really good “Cargo” and everyone was having fun. Very friendly pub and plenty of real ales.
I know we will be back soon.

Date of experience: January 2018
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for the review ‘Cargo ‘ are fantastic were are blessed with some amazing bands.
So pleased you enjoyed our humble Back st Boozer.
Thanks again