“Lovely pub and friendly people”
Review of The Queens Arms

The Queens Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Brixham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a traditional back street pub keen on putting back what people miss in pubs these days atmosphere, quality and value for money.
Reviewed 9 May 2018

We went to this pub for a drink for the first time on our visit to Brixham last weekend and it was really friendly with nice beer which is always a bonus!
It had a really nice vibe and kids were welcome too and we made this our choice for the next night too.
We come down to Brixham quite a lot and we will be making sure that this will be our pub of choice from now on!

Date of experience: May 2018
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thanks for your great feedback pleased you enjoyed The Queen’s Arms

"chips"
"climb"
"dog"

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Our first visit to this pub after booking a table for Sunday lunch. Welcomed by staff and customers alike.
The meal was excellent well cooked with plenty of meat and veg.
Great atmosphere thank you Queens arms we will surely return

Date of experience: April 2018

Glad you enjoyed our humble offering thanks for the great review
Look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We now do not go to any pub apart from here when we visit Brixham, locals really friendly, Chris and his staff are so nice, food is excellent, food is every Monday, (the wife made me stay an extra night just so we could have the lasagne), was well worth it though, thanks Chris and your staff for yet another old fashioned warm welcome, see you soon.

Date of experience: March 2018
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you for your great comments look forward to seeing you next time you are here

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I visit Brixham three or four times a year. I love the place. I often stay in an apartment in nearby Linden Court with its lovely elevated view of the harbour & out to sea. This great pub on the corner is literally a stones throw away opposite where the old railway station used to be before Dr Beeching cut a swathe through regional branch lines in the early 1960’s. So this venue is approximately a ten minute walk from the harbour & town centre but well worth the visit especially if you are a real ale drinker (although there is an equally good range of Lager & other beers as well). It has a great selection of local & guest beers, I actually drank London Pride on my last visit which I ironically struggle to find near my own home in London. The pricing is also very good. Cheaper than the pubs in the town centre & around the harbour and one ale is always at a special low price.
The food menu isn’t extensive and not all Day but it’s good fair at a good price & sometimes with a drink included. Check out Sunday roasts & Monday night specials. There is also a quiz night. Although the clientele tend to be mainly locals I always feel very welcome here and it’s not difficult to see why they’ve notched up a few CAMRA awards!

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review.
Glad you enjoyed our humble backstreet boozer
Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Go here a couple of times whenever we come down to Brixham, which is usually once a month. We decided to try the food last night which was chilli con carne. How on earth they manage to charge £5.95 for an excellent meal and a pint of superb ale, I don't know. It really is tremendous value.
This is a proper pub, just as I remember pubs when I was growing up. The staff are great and the ales must be the best kept I have ever tasted. Keep up the good work!

Date of experience: February 2018
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review I’m really pleased you enjoyed our humble offerings.
Thanks again