Open today: 16:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Fabulous Pub

We popped in on a one night stay in Brixham, Chris the landlord was fabulous and put us at ease... read more

Reviewed 25 October 2020
Purplemel26
Bourne, United Kingdom
via mobile
A "local" pub

A great friendly pub welcoming to us non locals. Varied local beers on cask and keg, and a... read more

Reviewed 22 October 2020

from US$110.55
from US$20.73
from US$885.84
More Info
All reviews sunday lunch proper pub real ale beer festival local pub friendly landlord selection of beers warm welcome lovely friendly pub fantastic range worth the climb never disappoints no frills short walk from the harbour feel very welcome town centre visiting brixham
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately having just paid for a cab from the harbour to this pub we were told on entering, by one of the locals with a smirk on his face that we would have to go out the back as dogs were not allowed in the bar!
This was then confirmed by the person serving behind the Bar. This seems to be the only pub in the town with this rule. This fare enough its after all their pub, but it would be nice to be told clearly on their website, it would have saved the price of the cab, us embarrassment, and pleasure to one of the locals.

Date of experience: June 2019
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2019

I’m truly sorry that you’re visit was disappointing for you and yes we don’t except dogs in the pub itself this rule has been in place since we took the pub over nearly ten years ago for reasons that I don’t need to explain.
Regarding the website I feel your point is a fare one however we haven’t had this issue before and I will Gladys update my website.
As for all the other pubs in Brixham they have there own rules and standards .
It’s unfortunate you didn’t ring to clarify the dog situation rather than assume and then feel it’s necessary to mark my business down.
I was made aware of your visit and your general displeasure by my staff and some of my locals on my return.
Disappointed
Regards Chris simmonds landlord

Reviewed 18 May 2019

My last review for the Queens Arms was in 2016 and I still love visiting this pub. Difficult to find as off the usual tourist root from the harbor. However, if you get the chance and love amazing mix of different local cider and ales its a must for you. Friendly staff and the landlord Chris always has a welcome and a thank you on leaving. The locals in this pub are also friendly and make you feel at ease with there many evenings of various entertainment from local darts night, local bands, even the meat draw on a Friday!
Sadly never had food on the visit but by the other reviews that will not disappoint either.
Keep up the good work Chris and hope to return soon for more Brixham hospitality!

Date of experience: May 2019

Thanks for your very welcome review
We will certainly and keep the standards up
Thanks again
Chris simmonds landlord

Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

Great little pub. The pubs that are tucked away from the main town always seem better to me. Very friendly staff and a great choice of drinks

Date of experience: May 2019

Glad you enjoyed your visit
Regards
Chris simmonds

Reviewed 6 April 2019

I popped into the pub three times whilst staying on holiday in Brixham. Great selection of ales which are changed every few days ... every visit was like attending a beer festival. Friendly staff and and locals. Very impressed.
Pete

Date of experience: April 2019
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2019

Thanks for your great review and furthermore I’m pleased you enjoyed our humble back Street boozer
Chris

Reviewed 20 February 2019

Great pub, Warm welcome, big selection of real ale, cider and gin. Locals are friendly. Overall the best pub we found in Brixham.

Date of experience: February 2019
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2019

Thanks for your fabulous review glad you enjoyed our lovely local
Chris