Open today: 16:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Fabulous Pub

We popped in on a one night stay in Brixham, Chris the landlord was fabulous and put us at ease... read more

Reviewed 25 October 2020
Purplemel26
Bourne, United Kingdom
via mobile
A "local" pub

A great friendly pub welcoming to us non locals. Varied local beers on cask and keg, and a... read more

Reviewed 22 October 2020

from US$110.56
from US$20.73
from US$885.87
More Info
All reviews sunday lunch proper pub real ale beer festival local pub friendly landlord selection of beers warm welcome lovely friendly pub fantastic range worth the climb never disappoints no frills short walk from the harbour feel very welcome town centre visiting brixham
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2019

This is a "real" pub and if you are in the town it really is worth the short walk. Wherever I go I look out for decent pubs where you can drink well kept beer in a pleasant and welcoming environment and I am pleased that this is one of those places. Service is friendly the bar is comfortable and the beer is great. The walk up from town also makes you feel as if you have earned your pint when you get there. The fact that no dogs are allowed in the bar is a major plus point particularly in terms of hygiene (the pub was immaculate) and being left alone and not a sudden object of interest when food is about. Credit to the landlord/landlady for that policy.

Date of experience: June 2019
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Wow
Thanks for the fantastic review we work hard to make The Queen’s Arms a place for people to enjoy and it’s lovely to hear such kind words
Thanks again
Chris simmonds
Landlord

Reviewed 24 June 2019 via mobile

Visited from a nearby bed and breakfast on their recommendation. Friendly welcome and great variety of real ale. Worth the walk up from the harbour and a more local clientele.

Date of experience: June 2019
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2019

It’s great to know when we’re recommended that we tick all the boxes
Thanks for the great review
Chris

Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately having just paid for a cab from the harbour to this pub we were told on entering, by one of the locals with a smirk on his face that we would have to go out the back as dogs were not allowed in the bar!
This was then confirmed by the person serving behind the Bar. This seems to be the only pub in the town with this rule. This fare enough its after all their pub, but it would be nice to be told clearly on their website, it would have saved the price of the cab, us embarrassment, and pleasure to one of the locals.

Date of experience: June 2019
Chris S, Owner at The Queens Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2019

I’m truly sorry that you’re visit was disappointing for you and yes we don’t except dogs in the pub itself this rule has been in place since we took the pub over nearly ten years ago for reasons that I don’t need to explain.
Regarding the website I feel your point is a fare one however we haven’t had this issue before and I will Gladys update my website.
As for all the other pubs in Brixham they have there own rules and standards .
It’s unfortunate you didn’t ring to clarify the dog situation rather than assume and then feel it’s necessary to mark my business down.
I was made aware of your visit and your general displeasure by my staff and some of my locals on my return.
Disappointed
Regards Chris simmonds landlord

Reviewed 18 May 2019

My last review for the Queens Arms was in 2016 and I still love visiting this pub. Difficult to find as off the usual tourist root from the harbor. However, if you get the chance and love amazing mix of different local cider and ales its a must for you. Friendly staff and the landlord Chris always has a welcome and a thank you on leaving. The locals in this pub are also friendly and make you feel at ease with there many evenings of various entertainment from local darts night, local bands, even the meat draw on a Friday!
Sadly never had food on the visit but by the other reviews that will not disappoint either.
Keep up the good work Chris and hope to return soon for more Brixham hospitality!

Date of experience: May 2019

Thanks for your very welcome review
We will certainly and keep the standards up
Thanks again
Chris simmonds landlord

Reviewed 7 May 2019 via mobile

Great little pub. The pubs that are tucked away from the main town always seem better to me. Very friendly staff and a great choice of drinks

Date of experience: May 2019

Glad you enjoyed your visit
Regards