A lovely hotel with fantastic staff that were proactive rather than reactive. On arrival, when shown around and given the gourmet (6 course) menu that we had booked for that evening to read I happened to comment on the main course being pork = coals to new castle in that we breed rare breed pigs - said nothing further. On coming down to dine we were offered an alternative main course with no prompting. The wines to accompany each course were spot on, the staff attentive without being intrusive. Breakfast was wonderful - I enjoyed my smoked haddock (no died stuff here) and Simon polished off his full English in quick time. Our superior room was clean, tidy and bright - the bed soft and the bath oh so deep! Although the hotel is dog friendly I have to say they went above and beyond yet again as even our Great Dane was made welcome and loved his time in the bar and all the attention he received and seeing him loping over the grounds was wonderful. Would we visit again? Without doubt - hope to be back in September and celebrate out 23rd wedding anniversary there. My only regret is that i forgot my camera!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 AA red starts, 2 AA Rosettes, AA notable wine list and 'Devon Venue' in the Westcountry Wedding Awards. Northcote manor is a cherished Country House Hotel set in the foothills of Exmoor National Park, Enjoy sweeping views over the Taw Valley, sundowners on the sun terrace and cream teas on the lawn or in front of crackling log fires. The perfect wedding venue or conference. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Northcote Manor Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northcote Manor Umberleigh
- Northcote Manor Hotel Umberleigh
- Northcote Manor Country House Hotel Devon/Burrington