“BRILLERS..!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Holne Park House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashburton
Holne Park House
Ranked #4 of 12 Ashburton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“BRILLERS..!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at Holne for what is probably an unusual event for the property. A VERY BIG PARTY of dance music! From the moment of arrival we were treated exceptionally in every respect. With outstanding grounds, beautiful rooms and great staff I speak for myself and probably the other 299 other guests in saying BRILLIANT!!

Holne provides a sense of privacy, intimacy, friendliness and versatily to such an extent that it very much felt like I was at a friends house for an evening (not that I have too many friends that have a house like this).

It is relevant to say the dorm rooms are fantastic. Well spaced, comfy beds and very much adding to the adventure of the stay. Reminding me of childhood stays at Kilvrough Manor (just outside Mumbles, Wales), as a child. It was pretty exciting!!

When it came to breakfast (given the transformation back to 'Hotel' that took place overnight and in a very short amount of time), we were treated to an extremely generous and satisfying meal. The service still remained outstanding, even taking into account the sorry state that many of us must have looked and felt like when standing in line to serve ourselves.

I won't even tell you how much we paid to stay there for evening, but believe me, value for money is an understatement!! Holne is in some fantastic Devon countyside and provides an experience rather than just 'somewhere' to stay. If you are in the area and need somewhere exceptional to stay, or thinking of holding an event, I'd say consider Holne.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The building and surroundings are impressive by themselves, but with the brilliant staff being so accommodating, friendly, and professional, my time here was one of the best I've had for while. Since visiting I have recommended Holne Park to all my friends, and am looking forward to the next visit.

1 Thank Sian M
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

As the title says, quite a few of us attended a charity function and what a fabulous place to hold it?! We stayed in one of the dorms and so expected the facilities to be quite basic. However, the character and situation of Holne House made for an excellent night all round. It was a shame though to many of us that everything had to finish by 2am, especially as this was a dance event. Would getting licenced and staffed for a couple more hours be completely out of the question? That aside, we all had a great time and the staff were very friendly and amenable. I do hope to visit again on a future occasion :-)

2 Thank TiGGeR500
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

what a lovely welcoming venue, brilliant staff, excellent prices and great breakfast! we are keen to return in the future to try out all the facilities. highly recommended. thank you so much to everyone involved for making our night so much fun.

Room Tip: both dormitories and en suite rooms are great!
1 Thank Laura M
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I recently held a private event at the venue and it was perfect. The house is amazing, the grounds are stunning and the accommodation was perfect. The evening ran like clockwork and the staff were extremely helpful, professional and efficient. Over 100 guests stayed over and I had the pleasure of staying in the honeymoon suite, which was beautiful. Everyone tucked into a well needed fry up in the morning and it was a perfect end to an amazing night. We would definitely use the venue again. A big thank you to Abi and Gemma!!

Room Tip: Go for the honeymoon suite, whatever the stay :)
1 Thank ShellsterSOD
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The moment we got off the bus, we were amazed at what was on offer and was thinking that it just wasn't possible to do everything! Definitely many more visits in the future! THANKYOU to all the staff for an unforgettable stay!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank RobL79
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My husband and I held our wedding reception at Holne park recently (01/09/12) and it truly was the best day of our lives thanks to this venue and their wonderful team! The planning was fabulous and so easy thanks to Gemma, the staff on the day Were polite, obliging and were smiling all day, the house and grounds were stunning and catered for the whole wedding party of all age ranges (the children had a blast playing games on the lawn and in the games room) I really cannot express how amazing this place is and would urge anyone thinking of choosing this as their wedding venue to go ahead and book as you really won't be disappointed, thanks to everyone who made it so special.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburton
The Dartmoor Lodge
#3 of 12 in Ashburton
The Rising Sun
The Rising Sun
#2 of 12 in Ashburton

Been to Holne Park House? Share your experiences!