“Relaxed evening cycling on Dartmoor”

Dartmoor Electric Bicycles
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Ashburton
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer guided tours and hire on Dartmoor. Our top of the range 36v Swiss Electric Bikes make for an unforgettable cycling adventure and the perfect way to experience this unique and beautiful landscape. Whether exploring Dartmoor's hidden lanes or wide open spaces, the bikes guarantee a quiet and comfortable ride while the 'pedal assist' helps to manage the hilly terrain. Tours and hiring (half day or whole day) start at our base near Poundsgate or at a location to suit you. Hotel collection also possible. . Min 2 per group, maximum 7. All riders need to be 14 years of age or over. April - Oct book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“Relaxed evening cycling on Dartmoor”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Relaxed? Indeed - the top-of-the-range electric bikes made the hills a doddle leaving time and energy to enjoy the view. And the chosen route had some spectacular views across fields and wilder moorland. We went at a lazy pace - comfortable for the least experienced cyclists in the party - and stopped for rest, views and sights as we felt. The leader was highly informative, so we learned about long houses, strange standing stones and the best pub on the trip. As a one-time hardcore touring cyclist I will definitely be going again.

Visited July 2013

Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lovely evening out on Dartmoor”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have never ridden an electric bike before so it was rather unwieldy at first. However, after a short while I got used to it and it was certainly very helpful when going up the steep hills. Our guide Inga was friendly and planned in several short stops to learn about landmarks, admire the view and snack on shortbread! The 10 mile route was varied and took us high and low, it was a beautiful evening. We ended up at the pub for a drink just a mile from the end and chatted with the rest of the group. Will certainly go again - even our teenager is interested in trying it out!

Visited July 2013
United Kingdom
“Stunning Dartmoor in great company”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I enjoyed a sunset cycle with Dartmoor Electric Bikes and it was a truly magical experience. We got the chance to visit some hidden gems of Dartmoor on peaceful roads and lanes. The views were stunning and although we had a small rain shower towards the end of the ride, it didn't spoil the enjoyment and in fact I found it rather refreshing! The bikes themselves are amazing and really take the effort out of riding up a large hill, which you wouldn't want to consider on a normal push bike. They are very easy to use and comfortable to ride. Our guide and expert Inga was very knowledgeable about the area and made sure we were all looked after well. She even supplied yummy flapjacks for our refreshment break which were very welcome. The cycling does still take a little effort so I would recommend taking a large drink with you. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Dartmoor Electric Bikes for a tour, I had a wonderful evening and lots of fun too.

Visited June 2013
Totnes
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dartmoor electric bikes”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I love the moors and usually enjoying tramping over them with my dog. However this was to be a whole new experience - a sunset evening cycle, but without the effort of a normal push bike - sounded good, and I can only say that the experience exceeded expectations.
The tour guide was keen and knowledgeable, and soon put us all at our ease. Despite being a mixed bunch on the fitness front she was undaunted and ensured we all felt safe, comfortable and relatively challenged.
We did a gorgeous tour around the lanes, stopping occasionally for a view or glug of water (she provides yummy flapjack but do take a drink), or to discuss local architecture and finally to look at the remains of a medieval hut village, which was fascinating.
All in all an excellent experience, great fun, and one I definitely intend to do again - in fact if I lived on the moors I'd seriously look at getting one of these amazing machines!
Suffice to say I can highly recommend this to all ages (tho I'm sure there are some age limits!?!) a really exhilarating afternoon/evening, thank you Inga!

Visited June 2013