A friend and I took a 2 nigh stay at Dartmoor Lodge last week and we could have happily stayed longer, the staff were wonderful. They even retrieved an earring I dropped down the sink, which was kind of above and beyond the call of duty.
We ate breakfasts and lunches in the hotel, both of which were excellent, with the dinners very reasonably priced. Breakfast was self-serve with cooked items for a full English and a cereal and fruits bar. The Sunday Carvery was immense.
All the staff were extremely helpful in sorting out our moorland itinerary (reception staff, bar staff and one of the chefs chipped in) and they referred us to an excellent taxi service, where the driver, Pete, dropped and collected us at points around Dartmoor for brilliant hikes.
The rooms were very clean and well furbished. We would very happily go back there, though preferably with a car the next time for easier access to the key points of Dartmoor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick and LateRooms so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Dartmoor National Park/Ashburton