We visited the hotel on a Groupon deal. I am of the opinion that you normally get what you pay for so was expecting a fairly standard room with hopefully fairly decent food so we didn't have to go out in the evening. However, our expectations were definitely exceeded. Despite the fact we brought our dog with us, we were put in a lovely room - very clean, large and airy with a fabulous view over the countryside. The bed was huge and really comfortable and the room had all the facilities we would need for a stay away from home.The food was great quality, generous portions served by friendly staff. We were so impressed by the food that we returned to the Lodge between walks to have lunch as we knew it would be good. The owners have obviously worked hard to renovate this building from what sounded like a rundown building. It is a perfect place to stay - close to the A38 but feels like it is in the middle of nowhere. We would definitely return and recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Dartmoor National Park/Ashburton