Driving down the A38 heading for Cornwall (Having avoided the Motorway Services ) we were looking for a late,light lunch,we saw the Pear Tree Cross turn off for Ashburton,after a false start, going past the filling station; we came back and turned in front of it, not far past the filling station is the Dartmoor Lodge:-A hotel with a restaurant and bar, we had a first class lunch, not as "light" as we thought when ordering, a ham ploughmans for my wife,superb and more than she could eat; A Bacon, Brie and Tomato baguette for me with a veritable salad of a garnish all at a very reasonable price with excellent happy service.So very glad we avoided the normal services.Next time we go that way we will try to work it for dinner.So watch this space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Dartmoor National Park/Ashburton